Search

cooling suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cooling suggestions

TT01, Mamba Max esc, orion vortex 7.5, 8.53FDR

I believe im suffering a bit from heating issues. after a 30min run, esc hot & motor hot, but i can touch them for more than 4 seconds. I am using 2 x 25mm 3Racing fans mounted on top of the motor, but they stop spinning alot of the time.

What do you people suggest i do? I have been looking at getting 2 x 40mm 5v fans. one for the motor, & one for the esc, both directly soldered to the esc's battery tabs. I was also thinking of doing the 'hole mod' on my mamba max's base so heat can dissipate quicker.

FDR is the absolute highest i can go. and the higher the ratio the cooler the motor runs right? I also think the design of the plastic bathtub TT01 chassis does not allow for enough airflow...
Old 12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Sorry for my ignorance but you can touch them more than 2-3 second after a 30mins run I don't consider that is hot.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea, after 30mins of racing, wouldnt u expect it to be hot??

if you are concerned, get the TCS system...its xpenso, but it is supposedly really good....other than that, you could use things b4 the race to bring down the motor temps, like motor coolers and freeze spray, whether itll change the end of race temp, iunno, but itll help for the first 6-7mins or so.!
Old 12-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back off on your timing and get a temp gun.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The nature of the Mamba ESC is to be hot. SO any fan can only help. It should also help to make it more efficient.
What batteries were you running to make 30.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
TT01, Mamba Max esc, orion vortex 7.5, 8.53FDR

I believe im suffering a bit from heating issues. after a 30min run, esc hot & motor hot, but i can touch them for more than 4 seconds. I am using 2 x 25mm 3Racing fans mounted on top of the motor, but they stop spinning alot of the time.

What do you people suggest i do? I have been looking at getting 2 x 40mm 5v fans. one for the motor, & one for the esc, both directly soldered to the esc's battery tabs. I was also thinking of doing the 'hole mod' on my mamba max's base so heat can dissipate quicker.

FDR is the absolute highest i can go. and the higher the ratio the cooler the motor runs right? I also think the design of the plastic bathtub TT01 chassis does not allow for enough airflow...
best thing you can do is "not run for 30 minutes"