R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

After knowing John for only a short couple years, I can echo what has already been written about him. Beyond just racing, John “Postman” Posthumus touched many lives… it is his impact on so many that need never to be forgotten.

I was fortunate enough to say goodbye to John today – and as tearful as it was, it allowed me the opportunity to remind myself of all the good times we shared. From staying late at the track to exchanging funny e-mails… and generally just having a good time, it is these memories that there are so many of that will always remind me of who John was as a person.

While John’s life was cut way too short, it was how he lived his life that we all need to celebrate. Remember that no-matter what adversity is thrown at us, it is a positive attitude and strong spirit that is going outlive our time on this earth. John left behind memories and experiences that only John could have given… I am glad that I was able to share in some of those experiences and that I can call John a friend.

You will be missed by many… and never forgotten. Thank you for blessing us with getting the chance to know someone as special as you. See you when I get there my friend.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #17
Tech Rookie
Send a message via MSN to J_say

John was an awesome guy, he was one of the nicest people I have known in my R/C career. My condolences go out to his family!!
X-RAY T2'007
J_say is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #18
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

John was very special, and certainly be missed. I had not known him that well, but enough to know, that not just the R/C community but everyone he touched outside of racing will miss him dearly. My condolences and prayers go out to his family.
AE B5R - RC10 WORLDS - B5M CE -- Outdoors
AE TC7 - CEFX PHOENIX -- Indoors

beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #19
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To pay respect to John - and to help immortalize his memory, FastCats will be hosting a memorial race on January 6th at their track with funds raised going to the Princess Margarets' bone marrow transplant program. For those of you who have been to FastCats, I am sure you would agree that this is one of the premier RC venues in all of North America. Located just under 1-hr from the Buffalo boarder - and right off the QEW in Canada, the track is pretty easy to get to as well.

It would be great to see a big turn out to this event - including all of those that John may have touched in his short time on this earth.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Registration info. is now posted on our website

If anyone would like to donate any product or service to help us raise money for the Princess Margaret Bone Marrow Transplant unit please contact pam@fastcats.ca
fastcats is offline   Reply With Quote