Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default which cells are recommended

I think the answer as to which cells are recommended are:
1) which has the higher voltage and is easier to sell
2) which has the higher profit

In this case, I think the ib still has the highest voltage over the ener-g.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own

I have gone through over 100 bad cells including the SHV's from last year.

Travis
In all honesty, now that I think about it, I had better luck with the SHV's
Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by convikt
I hear ya on that. I got two 6 cell packs of Reedys IBs last week and 2 bad cells (1 in each pack) right off the bat. I believe those are the "new and improved" cells.

Mason your right, my hammer is swingin' as we speak
If the new cells are shipping this week....and you purchased your packs last week, what has led you to the assumption that these are the new batch of cells?

Would it not be easier and make more sense to contact the matcher (in this case Reedy) and let them know what you have experienced and see if they can recommend a course of action for you?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SMC - Danny, is the best in the business and aways makes it right. Has anybody decided if they are talking about IB or ener-G 4600?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

SMC has both IB and EnerG...

This particular thread is regarding the new and improved IB cells.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
If the new cells are shipping this week....and you purchased your packs last week, what has led you to the assumption that these are the new batch of cells?

Would it not be easier and make more sense to contact the matcher (in this case Reedy) and let them know what you have experienced and see if they can recommend a course of action for you?
LHS was the assumption! Thats what I was told....now I see this thread today and find out different. Screw contacting anyone! I simply wanted my money back, or credit, or anything. My only options were 1)take and make "1" good pack and send the rest back and wait for another pack 2) send both back and wait for more junk cells. I dont want to shell out $69 for a pack, and then wait for 2 weeks for a new pack to show up for it to only last 2 weeks then. I gave IB's another chance and NEVER AGAIN.

As for your second paragraph, "easier" than what? Than posting my satisfaction or, lack there of with junk cells.

Good luck to anyone that uses (and actully pays for) IB's. I could spend that money on lottery tickets and maybe win $5 back..........then I still would be ahead of the IB game
Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

"4) They have manufactured a completely new cell with the emphasis on reliability. As an added bonus they perform like nothing else we have seen."

I guess I just dont understand cell chemistry. How in the world did they make these cells more reliable, with even more performance over the last batch? I kinda see it as a performance trade off, The old cells (Sanyo, GP) with higher IR's seemed to be the most reliable. These ultra low IR's cells, IMHO, will never be as "reliable" as the ol 3300, and 3700 days. I remember going a whole year on a few 3300 packs without any problems. It just seems like a good pack these days needs replacement after 4-5 months of use, that is at club level racing.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

CHRISP, Thank you for the info.

Billy
www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Still running 1,5 year old SMC IB4200 I am very impressed with them. They're before all the exploding started. So far each pack have around 200 cycles on them and while only loosing a pinch of punch (it's really not much) they still pack 4500+ mah on every charge. And still make the 5 minutes mark in mod.

While their method of handling questions on this board stinks to a degree hardly seen anywhere else (the battery calamity thread where Jack went into "self-destruct" mode (please dont take offense, Jack)), I'd buy SMC cells anytime. SMC's batteries are some of the absolute best around and when these puppies gets released, I sure am gonna buy some
Old 12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Still running 1,5 year old SMC IB4200 I am very impressed with them. They're before all the exploding started. So far each pack have around 200 cycles on them and while only loosing a pinch of punch (it's really not much) they still pack 4500+ mah on every charge. And still make the 5 minutes mark in mod.

While their method of handling questions on this board stinks to a degree hardly seen anywhere else (the battery calamity thread where Jack went into "self-destruct" mode (please dont take offense, Jack)), I'd buy SMC cells anytime. SMC's batteries are some of the absolute best around and when these puppies gets released, I sure am gonna buy some
Good to know im not alone.
I've heard so many bad things about the latest IB's i was starting to make the weirdest assumptions (like: maybe i have bad cells and i dont know). Truth is most my packs have over 100 cycles. No they are not as good as new, but in mod we are overpowered anyways. Specially in europe were traction is low.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Jack,

I purchased 2 packs before the warm up for Cleveland that were terrible. I put them togather without throwing them on a matcher like a usually do. The fact of the matter is I didn't have time. I went out in practice and the car was slow and then dumped hard. Obviously bad cells. I was so upset that I just put them away and chalked it up as $130 down the drain...

I put them on the matcher the other day and they were either completely dead or in the mid 300's and 35 amps.

12 cells is all I am asking to replace. Yes, I have gone through over 100 bad cells including the SHV's from last year.

What is Danny's e-mail address?

Thanks,

Travis

I replied to the email you sent me but it bounced back.

Please send your 12 cells back and make sure to include your shipping address.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

improved ib4600,lol.
yeah man,keep taking our money for $65 a pack thats good for 6 cycles,after that if u dont have a matcher ur good pack aint good any more,from a high competitive point of view.what i mean if u race with a group of racers and all of u are very close on the track the guy who have the deeper pocket or sponsored will get the new pack and all of a sudden hes 2/10 a sec faster/lap so to keep up u have to go out and buy a new pack,and the story goes like that,evry 5-6 cycles on the pack.i have been doing this for so long but couldent do anthying about it untill lipo came out,thx god.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

I've had good experiences with SMC in the past.. Fortunately for me I didn't get any of the bad cells because i haven't bought batts in about a year or maybe longer. But I will give them a shot when I pick up some 4cell packs for some carpet action boylan is throwing in january.. if they don't or do hold up you all will probably hear something about it. I'll give them a chance.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackpower
improved ib4600,lol.
yeah man,keep taking our money for $65 a pack thats good for 6 cycles,after that if u dont have a matcher ur good pack aint good any more,from a high competitive point of view.what i mean if u race with a group of racers and all of u are very close on the track the guy who have the deeper pocket or sponsored will get the new pack and all of a sudden hes 2/10 a sec faster/lap so to keep up u have to go out and buy a new pack,and the story goes like that,evry 5-6 cycles on the pack.i have been doing this for so long but couldent do anthying about it untill lipo came out,thx god.
First off, thanks for creating a new account to troll these topics, real man of you.

The battery war will always be around. If lipo gets into competitive racing more you will see higher voltage lipo offering that people with the funds will buy and you will be once again at a disadvantage. Welcome to racing, hope you brought your checkbook!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Welcome to racing, hope you brought your checkbook!
Yep, as they say in the full size car racing..... It's not cubic inches, it's cubic dollars!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.