Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which charger to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Which charger to buy

I am looking to buy a new charger to charge Ni-MH & Lipos.

I have be looking at the Much More Silent Charger and the Team Checkpoint TC-1030 but can decide which one to go for.

I have also looked at the Much More CTX Cell Master but found out that it only charges lipos at 1amp.

Which charger is best or should I go for something else.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ive had the mm and dont like it i would go with a gfx thats what i got
Old 12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

well for my lipos i use the orion advantage charger
but for my 1/12 4cell packs i use my GFX it gives a much better charge than the orion.and muchmore IMO
and the new GFX can do lipos but i have not tried it yet.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awcd1
I am looking to buy a new charger to charge Ni-MH & Lipos.

I have be looking at the Much More Silent Charger and the Team Checkpoint TC-1030 but can decide which one to go for.

I have also looked at the Much More CTX Cell Master but found out that it only charges lipos at 1amp.

Which charger is best or should I go for something else.
What ever charger you get keep the recomended setting for the LIPO packs they can be very explosive if charge incorrectly. Especially over charging wiht additional amps.

I use the ICE it is an excellent all around charger, NIMH,LIPO,LION, motor break in full data disclosure graphs and charge chart...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

have both the cp1030 and the mm silent. both work fine charging my lipo packs but it seems my mm silent charger doesn't like charging my tx pack.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

hi i think, that good charger for nimh and lipos + Life(a123¨) for future is good Next generation from schulze.it has included balancer, graphic display. charge and discharge 10A for first output and 5A the second output.control singly battery.for a car modeller, who used only NIMH is avarage charger, but software for charging LiXX(life,lipo,li-on) is the best of. this is only my opinion.sorry for my english :-) bye
Old 12-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

The Ice charger is a very nice charger.It does alot for its size and the price is good also.I use two of them,and at $129.00 ea. You can charge all your batts. Nimh.Lipo's,your radio. You can run brushed motors. The one draw back is it's discharge,10amp.A 0-30 works for that,then tray on a Novak.I have heard some of the check-points are burning up,just what I heard.They do charge at 10amp for some reason,You really want to crank your IB's up to 10amp's....just take cover.....in-coming!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

One other thing,great about the Ice,it has a 2 year warranty.And we all know about electronics might last a day or two years....
Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For my NiMh cells I use a CE Turbo 35 BL and a Much More CTX-C. for my lipos I use a multiplex http://www.multiplexusa.com/RC-comp/...rs/LN-5014.htm I havent used it much yet (got it in a trade) but my friend said that it worked great and it also will charger NMh and Lead acid for starter box batteries