Originally Posted by Skruger
BTW the TC5 can hold a 8000mha lipo
The XRAY can only hold the 5000mah max size lipo's
Before I personaly buy a 008 I might try a TC5 But I am still upset at the crappy FACTORY TEAM Tc4's I used to have
I've had a TC5, and while you can get it to work ok on the track, it has some problems and faults.
1. The wheel bearings are small 6x10x3mm. Chosen probably to save weight, not very durable. Most quality cars use 5x10x4mm bearings.
2. Suspension arms are very flexible. While good for hitting boards and such, not so great on carpet with foams.
3. Belts are too taught and rigid for stock racing, sapping a little too much power. No optional belts from Associated yet.
4. Plastic diffs. While lightweight, not very durable, and slightly wobbly which causes quicker wear on diff bearings.
5. Poorly designed C-Hubs break easy at the bottm screw hole.
6. Battery holder/retention parts are not well designed. Better off using tape instead.
7. Integrated Servo Saver shaft and spring retention nut poor quality/design.
8. Ball Cups from Associated are some of the worst quality. The crack easy and to not last very long.
Other than these few things, it's an OK car. Parts are cheaper than most and usually available when needed from multiple sources. So the argument really is, so you want a cheaper car with some questionable quality issues, but cheaper to maintain, or a more expensive car with quality build, more expensive replacement parts that can be harder to locate/attain.
I have no reservations in saying that if these two cars were driven by the same driver, and equally prepped, the XRay would give you better laps times, and would be easier to setup to get there.