Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i see the status of the 5000 pro lipo is now late march.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Rick i know you said you would be able to tell us who's cells you are using in the reedy packs, are you able to tell us yet ?

Also will the cases be blue like they are in the pictures posted above ?

and will they be 2s1p or 2s2p packs
They are 2S2P packs. The are actually flat black. The idea was to make them look as through they are a component of the car, not a separate battery. I think this looks was accomplished perfectly.

Originally Posted by tcmerf
I know the packs are not out yet but any chance of a saddle pack any time soon?
We have actually completed all the design work but there are still some questions about ROAR specs for LiPo. We would like to sort this out before spending a lot of money on tooling and risk the packs not being legal.

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Rick will the Reedy lipo's be out to retail before the Nat's? I was in the market for a new lipo and was going to have the LHS order one if we could get it before the nat's.

And will the 5000 fit into a Losi Type R without any major mods to the car itself?
To be sure that the hobby shop hosting the Nats has packs in stock and all the available ones are not stuck in the distribution system, we will be bringing packs (5000mAh Pro) to the track so that they can sell them to interested consumers. Those attending the off-road Cactus Classic will find 5000 mAh packs available in the SRS hobby shop.

I am not sure of the fitment. The packs is very similar to the Trackpower and Orion 4800. If the "brick" style fits, you should have no problems.

Originally Posted by LOW ET
i see the status of the 5000 pro lipo is now late march.
Very large quantities will be availble at that time. But enough to satisfy ROAR's requirments have been received and sold. See above for specific tracks that will have them first.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

About how many days BEFORE the Classic will packs become available? More than a few?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Rick
Will this be available for the cactus
and were can I get one so I can use it in the cactus
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeckler
About how many days BEFORE the Classic will packs become available? More than a few?
Originally Posted by DRRC
Rick
Will this be available for the cactus
and were can I get one so I can use it in the cactus
We are working to get them in SRS's hands by this weekend. Keep in mind that the batteries will come with either a Tamiya plug or no plug so make sure that you are prepared with your favorite plug. I suggest Deans.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Rick i know you said the 5000 was a 2s2p correct ?

what is the 3200 2s2p or 2s1p ?

And you said the carpet nats will get a shipment of the packs ,, does this mean both the 5000 and the 3200 or just the 5000 ?

thanks for the info
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Rick i know you said the 5000 was a 2s2p correct ?

what is the 3200 2s2p or 2s1p ?

And you said the carpet nats will get a shipment of the packs ,, does this mean both the 5000 and the 3200 or just the 5000 ?

thanks for the info
5000 only for both the Cactus Classic and the Carpet Nats.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

special pricing for those events? Do you know what they will sell for?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by convikt
special pricing for those events? Do you know what they will sell for?
I can't speak for the stores, but my guess is they will not sell for over $100.00
Old 03-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

I just wanted to give a small update. I just returned from the ROAR Carpet Nationals where I used the 5000 Pro battery in both the TC Modified and Super Stock (using LRP 10.5) classes. The battery worked great in both classes and powered me to A-main finishes in each.

Even though many LiPo batteries were legal and available for the event, the Reedy battery was the only LiPo used by any driver in the A-main in these two factory supported classes.

Power and run time were excellent. I am confident enough in the performance of the battery that I will never run an NiMH battery as long as LiPo is allowed.

The Reedy team drivers attending the Cactus Classic used the Reedy 5000 in their 2wd buggies and Trucks. Jake Thayer used the Reedy LiPo 5000 in his victory in the SRS Truck (10.5 motor, 15 minutes) class.

Batteries will be shipping this month in large quantities but for those that need them now, Scottsdale R/C (SRS) in Arizona and the Hobbytown USA in Omaha have some left in stock.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I just wanted to give a small update. I just returned from the ROAR Carpet Nationals where I used the 5000 Pro battery in both the TC Modified and Super Stock (using LRP 10.5) classes. The battery worked great in both classes and powered me to A-main finishes in each.

Even though many LiPo batteries were legal and available for the event, the Reedy battery was the only LiPo used by any driver in the A-main in these two factory supported classes.

Power and run time were excellent. I am confident enough in the performance of the battery that I will never run an NiMH battery as long as LiPo is allowed.

The Reedy team drivers attending the Cactus Classic used the Reedy 5000 in their 2wd buggies and Trucks. Jake Thayer used the Reedy LiPo 5000 in his victory in the SRS Truck (10.5 motor, 15 minutes) class.

Batteries will be shipping this month in large quantities but for those that need them now, Scottsdale R/C (SRS) in Arizona and the Hobbytown USA in Omaha have some left in stock.
Hey Rick, Got any pics or can you give us an idea how they were adding weight to the TC5 with the Reedy lipo?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Most of the TC5 guys around here run a side weight:

Old 03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgullickson
Most of the TC5 guys around here run a side weight:

Do these side weights work with other chassis and what is the cost.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by overflow
Hey Rick, Got any pics or can you give us an idea how they were adding weight to the TC5 with the Reedy lipo?

Thanks!
I don't have any pics of the car, but I used prototype bolt in ballast that uses the existing holes for the battery strap mounts. Then I tape the battery in as you would with a standard battery. We are working on releasing this item for sale to the public.

There are some other ballast designs on the market that are available now that will work too.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

music to my ears.....

How much capacity was the battery taking after the mod runs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.