Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Hard Case Lipo >

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by convikt
I had 5 3200's and sold them all because my cars looked like shit with lead builion everywhere. 'Till there is more weight in a lipo..... No thanks.
Why in the world did you need 5 LiPo's?

Who cares how your car looks if it works, once you put the body on it nobody see's it.

As for the weights and no place to put them, I agree it is tough to find enough locations to place the weights, as most of mine are hanging off the side of my two Orion 3200's. I have 35-grams on the chassis, and 168-grams on the battery, for a total of 203-grams to balance the chassis with LiPo.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

good God,you should change your name to "devils advocate"
It's like calling a Diet Rite a Coke. Just because they're both a cola doesn't mean they're equal. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just feel like I've seen enough difference between brands of LiPo in my own testing that I'd like to know which ones I'm, you know, buying. The case looks really nice.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Why in the world did you need 5 LiPo's?

Who cares how your car looks if it works, once you put the body on it nobody see's it.

As for the weights and no place to put them, I agree it is tough to find enough locations to place the weights, as most of mine are hanging off the side of my two Orion 3200's. I have 35-grams on the chassis, and 168-grams on the battery, for a total of 203-grams to balance the chassis with LiPo.
1 for each vehicle i raced, one lipo charger and race multiple classes on most days. (plus I got them dirt cheap, $69 a pack which I have paid for matched nimh before)
I care how my $400 car looks. It sucks removing weight to do maintenence, so on. I am pro lipo, trust me. I just refuse to add all that weight when the weight that I add is minimal w/ nimh. I certainly didnt by them for the punch, I purchased them for ease of use. Reedy adds weight, I will by them
Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's like calling a Diet Rite a Coke. Just because they're both a cola doesn't mean they're equal. I'm not trying to be an ass, I just feel like I've seen enough difference between brands of LiPo in my own testing that I'd like to know which ones I'm, you know, buying. The case looks really nice.
No, I know your not, you know, being an ass. Your the first one to ask the question ussually.lol. I do understand, I would not buy certain brands as well
Old 12-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the ball diff was from Ceceil Schumacher.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Well, lett me miss the boat LIPO"S aren't allowed for racing to the new EFRA rules since we race now 5 cells. The battery war is still going on with new cells coming. I believe GP or Intellect will bring us 5000mah sub-c cells next year. Lipo's are great for bashers.
LiPos are great for everyone! We have already seen catastrophic cell failures in the quest for a 5000 mAh sub-c. So I am not sure it will be so easy.

these need to be heavier than what is currently offered. closer to what a nimh weighs. trying to ballance a tc is nuts w/ a lipo (unless you have a type-r)
We are defintely in a transition period. As LiPo increases in popularity, you will surely see designs created to take advantage of the lighter weight

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is there any chance we'll know what cells Reedy is using?
Yes.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Yes.
I like what you're doing there. :-)
Old 12-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Rick, Lets see a picture of your "race prepped lipo sedan". The difference in weight is ludicris. Maybe I will have to go Losi to take advantage of the latest, greatest. I know people will say "it works in my Mi3 or my '008", but it handles like a pile of turds without ballance. And with companys shooting for cars to accept lipos is fine, but these super narrow chassis', there is no room for 8 ounces of wieght. If someone dont race, and dont have a minimum weight to abide by, and dont care that their car "hooks" one way and not the other, then lipo is for them.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a wild guess: Yuntong - since they conveniently make a 3200 and 5000 mAh "20C" battery. I could be way off the mark on this one.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Rick, Lets see a picture of your "race prepped lipo sedan". The difference in weight is ludicris. Maybe I will have to go Losi to take advantage of the latest, greatest. I know people will say "it works in my Mi3 or my '008", but it handles like a pile of turds without ballance. And with companys shooting for cars to accept lipos is fine, but these super narrow chassis', there is no room for 8 ounces of wieght. If someone dont race, and dont have a minimum weight to abide by, and dont care that their car "hooks" one way and not the other, then lipo is for them.
I won't argue that current cars are not best suited for LiPos. The problem for car manufacturers is that it might be hard to develop a car for both batteries. Even though the Losi will suffer. Weight distribution side to side will not be affected, but distribution front to back will. So there is no easy solution.

Originally Posted by linger
Just a wild guess: Yuntong - since they conveniently make a 3200 and 5000 mAh "20C" battery. I could be way off the mark on this one.
I am glad the master is here! I am extremely anxious to hear your opinions on the batteries once they are available

FYI, Ryan Maifield used the Reedy 5000 at the JConcepts clash. While it was only a 10 minute main, it is nice to see LiPo (in general ) in action, legal, and winning races.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDM
Mobile phones started with NiMh cells, do you know why they changed for Lion and now for Lipo?

Wake up, we are in the year 2007.
Limp wristed cell phone users, why do ask? It had nothing to do with the makeup of the battery, just the weight.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

just for info..
THE BRCA (UK) have allowed lipos for our prostock class next year.

involves Lipo(hard cased), 10.5 brushless, 19T or 6 cell nimh.

our mod class is still 5 cell unlimited motors (mainly 3.5 brushless)

something for everyone......

its only the europeans thats are behind.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
PDM
Tech Adept

more info:

STCC (England)..."LiPo allowed in all classes"

http://bombay.directrouter.com/~club...tpage&Itemid=1

I know in Cataluņa, Spain they decided to allow lipo too.

I know in Portugal lipos will be allowed in stock class, nacional events.

They are there
Old 12-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hopefully the dimensions listed are a little bit off...23.1mm square portion with an additional 2mm added for the nubs will make it too large to easily fit in many cars (larger than even the Orion 4800 pack)
Old 12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Hopefully the dimensions listed are a little bit off...23.1mm square portion with an additional 2mm added for the nubs will make it too large to easily fit in many cars (larger than even the Orion 4800 pack)
The nubs fit within the slots of the chassis so do not affect the overall height - unless they sit on top of the chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.