Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Hard Case Lipo >

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Old 12-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Reedy Hard Case Lipo

Looks sweet, companies are figuring out, goto lipos now or miss the boat.

http://www.redrc.net/2007/12/reedy-7...cks/#more-6860

tilizing state-of-the-art technology, Reedy is proud to introduce reliable and powerful 7.4V 20C LiPo battery packs designed specifically for use in R/C cars and trucks. A unique hard case design helps protects the battery from damage. Integrated locking nubs simulate sub-C cell profiles to allow the battery to be easily installed in slotted touring car chassis. By simply flipping the battery over, perfect installation in off-road vehicles is achieved.

Click more to see the specs…

Specifications:
Length: 139mm
Width: 46mm
Height: 23.1mm excluding nubs /25.1mm including nubs
Weight: 3200mAh/TBD, 5000mAh/TBD
Passes UN T1-T8 testing

Reedy 7.4V 20C LiPo battery packs

#703 Reedy LiPo 5000mAh Pro 12AWG
#704 Reedy LiPo 5000mAh w/plug
#705 Reedy LiPo 3200mAh w/plug
Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Ive already posted it here - http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194729

does look good tho!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Well, lett me miss the boat LIPO"S aren't allowed for racing to the new EFRA rules since we race now 5 cells. The battery war is still going on with new cells coming. I believe GP or Intellect will bring us 5000mah sub-c cells next year. Lipo's are great for bashers.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Lipo's great for bashers? FYI bashers usually dont shell out $80+ for lipo's. They tend to buy NiMh's since they are far cheeper. So you could say the same for for NiMh, they are great for bashers, and for organizations such as EFRA to keep pushing new technology out the door, I know change is hard for some ppl to accept. Atleast ROAR hoasted an offroad event this year using Lipo's, and Tamiya TCS races for 08 are allowing BL and lipo in some classes, must be alot of bashers out there, right?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Well, lett me miss the boat LIPO"S aren't allowed for racing to the new EFRA rules since we race now 5 cells. The battery war is still going on with new cells coming. I believe GP or Intellect will bring us 5000mah sub-c cells next year. Lipo's are great for bashers.
As usual, you EU boyz will always be a step behind the US in technology
Old 12-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

With a 43mm max length you'll be lucky to even get 4600mah out of the current cells.

EA
Old 12-09-2007, 08:14 AM
PDM
Tech Adept

And you think it is better to have 5000mah in a NiMh cell instead of a Lipo?

Mobile phones started with NiMh cells, do you know why they changed for Lion and now for Lipo?

Wake up, we are in the year 2007.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have a couple Peak 3200s that I've been running for a few months. Next year when I'm looking for new cells it's gonna be tough to decide. Love it.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lipo's great for bashers? FYI bashers usually dont shell out $80+ for lipo's. They tend to buy NiMh's since they are far cheeper. So you could say the same for for NiMh, they are great for bashers, and for organizations such as EFRA to keep pushing new technology out the door, I know change is hard for some ppl to accept. Atleast ROAR hoasted an offroad event this year using Lipo's, and Tamiya TCS races for 08 are allowing BL and lipo in some classes, must be alot of bashers out there, right?
I don't know about your area but that's not the case here...bashers buy LIPO. I see guys shelling out $120 a pop for trakpower packs for their e-maxxes.. There are a lot of "bashers" who consider going out and having a faster car as their friend "racing." These guys dump a lot of money into stuff we wouldn't even look at...

While more NIMH sell just because of price I see a lot of LIPO's sold just to people who are bashing with their stuff..very few real racers come into the hobby shop I part time at...

Everyone will have a lipo at some point...some of us are just waiting to see what ROAR is going to do...
Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

The r/c organizations DON'T allow Lipo's. Simple. huh!? Tamiya made his own rules for next year and stands alone from IFMAR, EFRA, JRMCA and ROAR.
The Europeans left behind? WE brought you the latest Technology with names such as Corally, XRay, Schumacher, Serpent, Spintec and the list goes on. HEY, the balldiff in your car is an EUROPEAN invention!!!!Left behind, huh?
ROAR did allow in offroad but this is ONroad, that is a different game!
When I started we had 1200SCR red cells for racing and yellow 1200SC for practising. I am talking about more than 25yrs ago! The capicity in the cells have improved. I agree there is a technology-change. I ran nicads and today nimh. The fastest boatracer (Joerg Mrkwitschka) used nimh in his T-Hydro to set the new worldrecord, not lipo's because they would burn out!

No offense guys
Old 12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The JRXS Type-R, Mi3, T2'008, TRF416 and probably some others I have missed have all made special provisions in their designs to fit LiPo packs. If that's not a clear indication to everybody that it's moved beyond bashing, and made serious inroads in racing, then you're quite possibly delusional. People use these batteries even though they're slower than NiMH. They're -that- good.

Also, a 5000mAh NiMH would probably have similar run time to a 3200mAh LiPo. You'd need like... 20000mAh in your nickel cells to even approach what LiPo can do in the same space you put your sub-c packs. Energy density is not a battle LiPo is going to lose to NiMH.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Initiate

The r/c organizations DON'T allow Lipo's. Simple. huh!? Tamiya made his own rules for next year and stands alone from IFMAR, EFRA, JRMCA and ROAR.
The Europeans left behind? WE brought you the latest Technology with names such as Corally, XRay, Schumacher, Serpent, Spintec and the list goes on. HEY, the balldiff in your car is an EUROPEAN invention!!!!Left behind, huh?
ROAR did allow in offroad but this is ONroad, that is a different game!
When I started we had 1200SCR red cells for racing and yellow 1200SC for practising. I am talking about more than 25yrs ago! The capicity in the cells have improved. I agree there is a technology-change. I ran nicads and today nimh. The fastest boatracer (Joerg Mrkwitschka) used nimh in his T-Hydro to set the new worldrecord, not lipo's because they would burn out!

No offense guys
u must be french...,welcome to the usa
Old 12-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Very cool hard case with the nubs.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

MrUnlimited, I feel your pain. I remember when I got into R/C we used Sanyo 1000Mah SE cells, then red SCR's came about and the world was on fire. It was all downhill from there, 1400's, 1700's, 2000's, 2400's, 3000's, 3300's and some I probably forgot. Personally I feel after the 3800Mah mark the current NiMH technology has become unreliable and sometimes volitile. Not to mention while the capacity keeps going up, the races still only last 5min....but thats another story. Lipo's while not perfect are better suited for todays racer who likes to work on chassis set-up between rounds and not have to worry about charging, discharging, traying, deadshorting, whatever practice was once used as battery maintenance. Who wouldnt want more time in the pits to tweek a chassis, or try different shock oils? I see a Lipo as more a tool that powers my car allowing me more attendion to the details, insted of a nuisance item requiring constant attention. BTW, I run boats also and generally lipo's do not like to get wet. That is the main reason we do not run them in EP boats. Really there still is uses for NiMH, and boats is a perfect example.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

these need to be heavier than what is currently offered. closer to what a nimh weighs. trying to ballance a tc is nuts w/ a lipo (unless you have a type-r)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.