Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

When will the entry form be available on the R.O.A.R. web site ?
For those of us that don't want to pay the EXTRA fees for:
1. Signing up on-line.
2. For using PayPal.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You can just print the form, fill it out, and mail it in with your payment.

ROAR Racing
c/o Fred Hohwart
30262 Crown Valley Pkwy.
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Last edited by mrrcguy; 04-10-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Schedule Changes

HEADS UP!

The race scheduled for Sunday April 20th, has been rescheduled for Saturday April 19th.

This had to happen because on Sunday the 20th, the installation of the new AC service will be taking place. This was origonaly going to happen on a off weekend, but stuff happens.

Sorry for any troubles.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I might just be an idiot.. BUT I cant seem to find the entry form on the ROAR website. I see the race listed just no entry form?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Rock'sTC3
I might just be an idiot.. BUT I cant seem to find the entry form on the ROAR website. I see the race listed just no entry form?
http://liverc.rccars.com/event_regis...php?event_id=7

Does this help?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rock'sTC3
Entry form will be up by the weekend. You can sign up online. Start at www.roarracing.com and click on the nationals page link then click on the on-line registration link.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

So why do we have to pay to enter on-line ?? Shouldn't the dues we pay every year cover that expense ? We ought to be able to register for FREE on the R.O.A.R. website.
Why is a second party doing the on-line registration and charging it?
Never saw the call to vote on that issue. I believe that this is an unfair practice in a time when the cost of everything is increasing.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Three
So why do we have to pay to enter on-line ?? Shouldn't the dues we pay every year cover that expense ? We ought to be able to register for FREE on the R.O.A.R. website.
Never saw the call to vote on that issue. I believe that this is an unfair practice in a time when the cost of everything is increasing.
You are right. The processing and PayPal fees should be deducted from the total money ROAR receives, not added on to the entry fee for the racer to pay.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Thank you. I agree, but RCLive is doing that.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

One more question Rick. Isn't a handout motor included in the entry fee for the stock classes?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

One more question Rick. Isn't a handout motor included in the entry fee for the stock classes?
Not anymore. It pays for plane tickets for the ROAR to come out and run the race, and we get a T shirt.

I think the price is way to high myself for what we get in return. Plus now this throws a twist in the stock classes. Now motor tuners can pick and choose the fastest stock motor and save it for the Nationals. At least with handout motors it was more fair. Plus you get a motor.

If we look at the last carpet Nat's it is safe to say there was about 290 entries X $80 entry fee + $23,200 to run an event. I do not know about you all but that is alot of money for a RC car race. I know the track gets some money and they should. But I would rather have a lower race fee or get some products I am going to use and only have 1 ROAR official. Let the home track run the race.

When I went to the 2001 Stock Offroad Nat's we atleast got some tires with the entry and a t shirt

I was at the Carpet Nats and it was ran OK. Not really any better than some local clubs I have been to for a large race.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Yes this is so true.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Everything in this world cost something and the price of doing buisneess is increasing as well. This means ROAR's cost of doing buisness is increasing as well. We could easily cover it in member fees, but if we try to cover all these convenience features in member fees then member fees would have to go up. There has not been an increase in member fees in the 13 years I've been a ROAR member that I can remember. Would it be fair to cover more nationals expenses via the membership fees when a small percentage of the actual membership attends these races? ROAR has to pay for thes service, this is a convenience to the racer. Who pays for that service, all the non nationals racing members? Is that fair to the majority that does not attend these events? It would be great to have on-line registration on the ROAR website but to do so takes work, work that someone will want to be paid for.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the Snowbirds charging to use on-line sign ups. If you don't want to pay the extra fees for the convenience of paying with a credit card then mail it in. There are many retailers in this world that still charge to use plastic, why shouldn't ROAR? Using plastic comes with a price? The banks charge us for using them, the bancks charge the retailers for using them.

Handout tires and motors are no more. Starting in '08 Nationals will be bring your own control motor and tire. Control motors are ROAR approved stock and super stock brushless and brushed motors. Control tires are detrmined by the track and can be purchased at the track or bought somewhere for you to bring to the race. We could continue with handouts but people seem to forget that handouts increase the price of entry fees and that would have put handout class entry fees well over $100. Again nothing is free in this world and handouts cost money.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

You made some point Ruben. But 23K to run an event seems like alot of money.

Is there a break down on the ROAR website that breaks down the expenses? (never mind I found it)

And I cannot find the revup news. Anyone else?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Does ROAR still follow this?

Any Stock National Champion may not compete in any ROAR stock National class for the next
5 years. Vehicle discipline specific. For example, off road stock national champ may participate
in on road stock nationals the next year.

So does this mean anyone that won a stock Nat in 2003 can not compete in this years stock National?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.