Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Limit batteries to 1 change every 18 months.. Thats the main gripe I always hear. As soon as we get a new cell another is in the mix..ALL Large event holders need to comply with this as a group ROAR,Vegas,Birds ect. That way we all have the same to attend these races with what we have no worry about $800 to go to event and then have to buy new cells.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Tires..Rubber racing Limit to 3 TOTAL for entire racing event..
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Put an MSRP limit on sedans.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
If you mean to include qualifying and the mains, then I agree whole heartedly with this. Two sets for qualifying and 1 more "if" you make the A main
Old 01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
If you mean to include qualifying and the mains, then I agree whole heartedly with this. Two sets for qualifying and 1 more "if" you make the A main

Yupper!!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

John Tag

I totally agree about the tires, and the batteries, you being the battery guru in my opinion, I have a question you can probably answer about the batteries.

is there a way to tell if the battery mfgs made an upgraded cell, but just put it in a new wrap ? if not, would it be an impossible rule to enforce ??
Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
is there a way to tell if the battery mfgs made an upgraded cell, but just put it in a new wrap ? if not, would it be an impossible rule to enforce ??
This is exactly what ROAR has dealt with for years. The only way it can be teched is through weights of cells. A 4200 is going to weigh less than a 4600, for instance. Sure, it might seem minimal in grams but it can be detected.

Every year when the end of the cycle approaches, this is exactly what happens and nothing can be done to stop it.... 4300's in 3800 wrappings and such.. yes, it happened and we know it.

Right now, with Lipo coming in.. is this even a point any longer? NiMH will be available and used for several more years but with the popularity of Lipo coming on so strong, maybe the battery companies won't be pushing so hard for 5500 mah (or more) eventually in a 43mm can.. but will work on the 4600 (or whatever) they currently have and make that more efficient.....

one can hope.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll bet Masters gets more enteries this year than 1/12 19T maybe even stock 1/12 too...
It looks that way from all the posts here, but sounds like Dawn thinks otherwise?

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Nope, 20 entrys isn't either...

I wish I knew why that event was so low in participation... that's not typical.

Tim, I feel your pain.. really... and I wish I could change my views on this. But, the current system is NOT generating new racers... and isn't that the plan?
So by eliminating Masters (some which are long time racers, but some may be new racers, too) as a separate class; you are generating new racers? How's does that work? We actually gained racers by dividing the stock class and Masters, here in Florida. Some of the old guys just don't want to be in the "kids" way and enjoy racing their older buddys
Old 01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default TIRES! TIRES! TIRES?

Yes, a tire limit has got to happen in my opinion. I feel the tire wars are one of the main issues facing On Road in terms of affordability. I would even be willing to take this to extremes. (2 sets total)
Old 01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
It looks that way from all the posts here, but sounds like Dawn thinks otherwise?

Who said eliminate Masters?

I am talking about continuing Masters but not in a separate class...... Tim, 10 guys in ROAR nationals in Masters cannot justify keeping one class when only six to eight with a deviation is allowed.

I realize what your saying and your Florida racers have all emailed me and PM'd me on your behalf. Your Florida series can.... yes, I encourage it.. can have a Masters class and yes, Bill Fraden is very familiar with deviation requests and the proper paperwork with the Sanctioning Director.

But, at a ROAR nationals.. we gotta think of something new. We need to give you reason to come and race.. yes... and we need to ensure you are racing with your what comfortable with.... yet another dilemma.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

I feel having Masters combined with another class will leave some from showing to the event. The whole idea of a Class is to race together.. Its no a heat race doing imfmar its a class of guys looking to compete together.. Why cant ROAR Just add a class and leave Master alone.. Add 13.5 for example and have 7 classes. Roar has a Max enteries anyhow.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

I agree John, and another thing, I think a lot of racers not in the masters class enjoy it as much as those racing the class, they see their dad or a friend racing others that have been around the sport for a long time, its a fun class, and thats one thing we definatly need more of....
Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Maybe run the all the stock entry's together.. Master's, Juniors, reg. stock guys in quailifing. But for the mains sort all the Master's, Juniors, reg. stock into ther own Main events.

Just a thought.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

whats gained by running them together tho, its still the same amount of cars racing, so the number of heats would be the same, I dont see any gain....
Old 01-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

kinda sounds like your leaning towards mixing the masters in with "normal" stock. for me, not interested and wouldn't attend nationals or for that fact even race regionals.

would it make sense to just mix mod/19t/stock 1/12 scale altogether and then give out awards based on finishing within the group.... i mean you might as well cause some with 19's would be able to beat some with mods.

why not just up the number of racers required to make a class at nats. less then 25, no class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.