Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_O_jones
How about making the Masters class 19t?

Us old guys are all supposed to be good at this and would open up stock for the second class, increasing the overall count for stock.

I have always wondered why they stick the fast old guys in a stock class anyway?

Fred
The way the rules read now, if you race masters, your second class has to be with a different chassis, like 1/12th scale. You would not be allowed to run Masters TC and say Stock or 19turn TC .
Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
The way the rules read now, if you race masters, your second class has to be with a different chassis, like 1/12th scale. You would not be allowed to run Masters TC and say Stock or 19turn TC .
I ran masters at the 07 onroad nats, masters was stock and a second class could be entered, but not stock, just like anyone else I could have run 19t or mod in sedan, either one of those classes were way over my head at that race.
What you read is for electric offroad nats.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

typically, you cannot run Masters TC and the stock TC class at the same event in on road and in off road, its Masters Truck and stock truck. Spirit of the rule being: you don't get two shots at the trophy...

Again.. I think Master's needs to be relooked at to bring in more racers and still recognize the over 40 year olds racing with a Master's title. I'm not in favor of a Master's Class as a separate class any longer. 15 entrys is NOT enough to sustain a class - per the rule book.... really.....

But... Master's and Juniors deserve a title and trophy.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

masters and 19t is allowed, masters and stock or masters and mod is not allowed in the RULES, but can be and have been deviated from
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

I ran masters at the 07 onroad nats, masters was stock and a second class could be entered, but not stock, just like anyone else I could have run 19t or mod in sedan, either one of those classes were way over my head at that race.
What you read is for electric offroad nats.
You may be correct, but in the ROAR Rule Book, it is listed under National Guidelines as follows:

12.2.4 Juniors’, Masters’, Demonstration and Provisional classes may be included as long as the
six class limit is not exceeded.
12.2.5 Definitions and Restrictions:
12.2.5.1 Juniors are drivers age 15 or under on the final day of the race. Proof of age will be
required.
12.2.5.2 Minimum Masters drivers’ age is 45 for fuel on road classes. All others must be age 40
or above as of the first day of qualifying. Proof of age is required.
12.2.5.3 Juniors and Masters may enter other classes, but not in the same type vehicle.

Not very clear, makes more sense with off-road vehicles.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
typically, you cannot run Masters TC and the stock TC class at the same event in on road and in off road, its Masters Truck and stock truck. Spirit of the rule being: you don't get two shots at the trophy...

Again.. I think Master's needs to be relooked at to bring in more racers and still recognize the over 40 year olds racing with a Master's title. I'm not in favor of a Master's Class as a separate class any longer. 15 entrys is NOT enough to sustain a class - per the rule book.... really.....

BAD DAWN, BAD.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I'm not in favor of a Master's Class as a separate class any longer. 15 entrys is NOT enough to sustain a class - per the rule book.... really.....

But 20 entry's is???

2007 roar onroad nats classes:

STOCK TOURING CAR : 34 ENTRYS
19T TOURING CAR : 20
MOD TOURING CAR :20

MASTERS TOURING CAR : 16
12TH SCALE STOCK :16
12TH SCALE 19T :9

Probably not the correct thread for this debate anyway, so I will just exit and wait for ROAR's decision.
In the Florida State Series (FSEARA) we get nearly as many Masters as Stock Racers, and they are very competitive amongst themselves.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

You may be correct, but in the ROAR Rule Book, it is listed under National Guidelines as follows:

12.2.4 Juniors’, Masters’, Demonstration and Provisional classes may be included as long as the
six class limit is not exceeded.
12.2.5 Definitions and Restrictions:
12.2.5.1 Juniors are drivers age 15 or under on the final day of the race. Proof of age will be
required.
12.2.5.2 Minimum Masters drivers’ age is 45 for fuel on road classes. All others must be age 40
or above as of the first day of qualifying. Proof of age is required.
12.2.5.3 Juniors and Masters may enter other classes, but not in the same type vehicle.

Not very clear, makes more sense with off-road vehicles.
problem is, deviatons have been going on and allowed for so long, some of us have just accepted it as the way it is.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'll bet Masters gets more enteries this year than 1/12 19T maybe even stock 1/12 too...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

But 20 entry's is???

Nope, 20 entrys isn't either...

I wish I knew why that event was so low in participation... that's not typical.

Tim, I feel your pain.. really... and I wish I could change my views on this. But, the current system is NOT generating new racers... and isn't that the plan?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
BAD DAWN, BAD.
sorry.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The location the Nats have this year is great. Last year what happened was location and last minute venue change.. This year the #s should be up again.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default The glass will be at least half full!

Wow, there's been lots of activity on tech lately. Thats great! That tells me that people still care and get excitied about racing. As things unfold over the next couple weeks lets all keep the following in mind; Dawn and the other ROAR reps and the host facilities have the best intrest (your intrest/ racing intrest) in mind when making thier descisions. On another note with so many people and so many widly different opinions to consider, there is no way that everyone will get exactly what they had in mind. Its just not possible.

However, one could guarantee that there will be a place (class) for every open minded racer whos looking to enjoy and grow with this sport.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That's not a very good or fair comparison, the nats location was changed with only a few weeks notice, the primary track, PeeIt had to shut down unexpectedly, and then fortunately Seattle Indoor Raceway stepped up to take over the date. That change of venue did cost ROAR a lot of racers at the nats. Sign ups were slow in coming in from the factory teams and the AE team didn't even bother to pre-enter, they just showed up the first morn of practice, really screwing up the pit acomedations for the rest of us. With some of the factory teams not pre-registering, interest was lost by quite a few privateirs.
A more fair nats to use would be the 05 Sacramento nats.
From an earlier post.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

changed my mind.. worried it would be taken wrong...

basically, I think the cost of on road racing is the problem.. new cars every other week, tires, batteries, bodies...

what can ROAR do to ensure cost control meaures? I am hoping maybe we can start that conversation somewhere? Anybody game?

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 01-04-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: re read it... just wasn't what I wanted represented

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.