Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Arrow Tires Inserts Question

Hi Guys,

I have seen on the market thinner inserts,

When do you use them ?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

When you need the tire to warm up faster and stay cooler throughout a run.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have purchased some yok thin firm inserts..(got them by mistake to tell the truth...lol). We run Take Off tires at my local track. James or anyone else, have you ever ran that combo? They seem to have alot of airgap when put together...any info before I drop the CA would be great!

Jeff
Old 06-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

With more air gap the tire is going to need less warm up laps to get it to operating temp. The thinner insert will also keep the tire cooler and less likely to overheat. Too thin of an insert and the tire might roll over in high heat. I dont run TakeOffs anymore but the last time I ran them was when they had the newer blue insert in them and those made the tire wear pretty fast.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Would you ahve some suggestions then on a tire/omsert combo that would be in the range of 32 take offs with the stock blue inserts? I am looking for something different to see if I can get a better combo. The track is low bite concrete with a very large layout. I run Mod only with my SD.

Jeff
Old 06-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im not sure on what the temp rating on the TakeOff 32s are but you can try some Sorex 36Rs with Sorex Type B Firm inserts.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

J. Werner,

Sorry James N.....do not agree on your thin insert idea. YES, they do warm up faster, but if you are running in the heat and/or high traction, you will overheat the tires....especially in mod.

90% of the time, when running stock, you can use the thin inserts and be ok. With mod, too much heat builds up in the tires, as they tend to squirm with out the sidewall support of a thicker insert.

In high heat, high traction - HPI Blue insert (yes, these are on the thinner side0.......or...my favorites.....Sorex Firm Type A or B thick inserts. Still an airgap between the tire and the insert, but not as much.

To answer your tire question J. Werner....Try Sorex 32 or 36 with Yok Firm inserts. What is the track temperature? Are they using any traction enhancer?? Mod or stock?
Old 06-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

acloco- let the people that have actually raced in the past year answer the questions here LOLOLOL just joking. I agree with what acloco said though, a thinner insert will get to temp quicker and overheat quicker than a thicker insert.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default Best Concrete tire out there

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Would you ahve some suggestions then on a tire/omsert combo that would be in the range of 32 take offs with the stock blue inserts? I am looking for something different to see if I can get a better combo. The track is low bite concrete with a very large layout. I run Mod only with my SD.

Jeff
The Take-Off 27CS & 32CS are the very BEST concrete tire there is, Hands down. If your wearing especially fast on the edges, try a HPI Green insert. Has LESS Air Gap to kept the bead from rolling over. Yokomo inserts tend to have MORE of an Air Gap on the same Tire.
Sorex's don't seem to like Concrete very well, so stick with Take-Offs for Concrete.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Matt...hehe....thanks....I think??? LOL!