Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Ener-G 4600 Ni-MH Cell

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ok so if I place the batteries in the smart tray so the bars where you solder wires to are touching the actual tray is that bad, cause thats the only way I could get it to work then.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
We will ship 5 cell and 6 cell packs to SMC Europe in a few weeks.
Danny, what about distribution in Asia?
Do you already have item number for 6 cells pack?

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
We have submitted shorter cells for EFRA approval and were waiting on to see if they have what it takes to get approved.

It's my understanding that not every race follows EFRA rules just like not all US races follow ROAR rules. We already have allot of interest from Europe on the current size cell.
Thats good news Danny, hopefully they will get approved.

Yes it is true that not all races follow EFRA or ROAR rules, but if you do more than one series through the year then you may well need to conform and I dont want to have to get 2 sets of cells if I can help it.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Anyone have any proper charging and handling procedures for these batteries yet?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Also I noticed that the EU spec (shorter) orion cells actually had more voltage, lower IR, less weight and just a bit down on runtime. So if the same can be said about the Ener-G shorter EFRA spec cells then they could be a very good cell for when runtime is not an issue.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Piyo Piyo
Danny, what about distribution in Asia?
Do you already have item number for 6 cells pack?

Thanks.
Yes they will be available in Asia as 6 cell packs. It will take us a few more weeks before we can have a good supply of packs as the demand is extremely high.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Kraig
Anyone have any proper charging and handling procedures for these batteries yet?

You can email me and I will send you what were including with our packs and try to answer any questions you may have.

[email protected]
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Peter North
And what exactly is the reason for this "one time exception"?

Does it have anything to do with the Trinity 4600 being put on the approval list before the cell was ever even created. Wasn't a certain Fusion cell replaced by the Trinity 4600?
Has this question been answered on a different thread somewhere? If so would someone point me in the right direction? I really would like to know why the "One Time Exception" is being made. I have not been able to find a straight answer so far.

If this question just keeps getting ignored then I will have to assume that it is just pure ROAR corruption that is being swept under the carpet again.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mr. North, it's probably got to due with the fact that the EP4200 and IB4200 aren't being sold anymore. If anything it's the mfrs. fault since they introduced new cells and discontinued their old ones without the new ones being legal yet.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I just wanted to say that I ran some of the new batteries, and they have a good about of punch in 13.5 sedan. I am really happy with them and they put me on a tq pace twice, and qualified me second. This was the second cycle on the packs in the day and I am dumping mine down at 35 amps, as soon as I can after my run. Throw them in my 030 till the lights dim out. Then I let them cool, and put 500 secs in at 6 amps. I charged them at 6.5 amps.

They are top notch cells.

Thanks SMC
Old 12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Another question for Danny; with the 4200s I am used to pumping 4400-4500 mah into the battery when they were discharged to .9v per cell. These cells however, at least for me, are not taking a full 4600 mah on charge when discharged to .9v per cell. They are taking close though. Have you tried taking them to .7v per cell before charging?
Old 01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Company Representative

The amount of capacity that goes into a pack depends on the cells temperature and the cells IR. So if you were to charge 2 packs with the same capacity but one of the packs has higher IR it will take more mAH to charge as higher IR limits the ability of the charge accepted so it will take longer for the pack to charge. If the cells are cool it will also take longer to charge them.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Peter North
Has this question been answered on a different thread somewhere? If so would someone point me in the right direction? I really would like to know why the "One Time Exception" is being made. I have not been able to find a straight answer so far.

If this question just keeps getting ignored then I will have to assume that it is just pure ROAR corruption that is being swept under the carpet again.

Thanks
I have to know....are you the REAL Peter North? I saw him in a RC mag a few years back so I have to wonder if the REAL Peter North races RC....
Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
I have to know....are you the REAL Peter North? I saw him in a RC mag a few years back so I have to wonder if the REAL Peter North races RC....
Come on dude...does this guy look like he has time to play with toy cars to you??

Damn Peter...you think ROAR is corrupt...there you go flexin that Northern muscle again.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Maybell

Bet U you have um plaster all over your bedroom wall...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.