Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Bump-ups in On-Road? >

Bump-ups in On-Road?

Bump-ups in On-Road?

Old 11-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

As an occasional thing, I think bump ups would be good in sedan.

But all drivers would obviously need to be fully pre-warned before the race, so they can account for a possible extra set of cells being charged depending on how their racing has been going that race day.

It adds a little twist to the usual routine, so could running the finals in reverse.... Id like to see that happen occasionally as a one off.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think bump-ups are a good option. A couple weeks ago, I won the B-main and ran the A. There wasn't a lot of turn-around time, and thus I wasn't as ready as I would maybe have liked to have been. On the other hand, I knew I wasn't going to win the A, unless everyone else broke, of course.

The best part is that I was able to run with some faster drivers, learn how to hold my lines better (as I was getting blown by on the straights) and generally have a good time. Hopefully, if I can make some A's on quals, I'll have some of the other drivers' respect and have better races with them because of it.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I don't see anything wrong with a bump from B to A at a big race. It gives the B main guys something to race for and really does make them drive harder.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The bump gives 19 racers a shot at the title....

The Birds did that lasy year and had the B main as last round on Sat with the reat of the mains on Sunday.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I think bump ups are cool as long as the mains are postioned in a way for people to have time to get ready.