R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996 View Post
All these drivers are running BL 19T (10.5) systems in their cars or are you talking about Mod????

I can't speak for mod - nor can I speak for anywhere but where I race (which is primarily 19T Foam) however, brushed motors have the advantage at this point for the non-super-hero drivers like the ones you mentioned in your post. And while gearing etc, applies in BL - it does also apply in brushed. Currently, the brushed-motored cars that are geared right are faster (about 1 to 2 tenths per lap) then the properly geared BL motors.

No doubt that BL is the future of RC - however, as it stands right now, brushed is still faster where I race (www.fastcats.ca).
Those drivers are running mod.
-Xray--Nosram--Orion--Trak Power--Duratrax--Spektrum--Futaba-

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
That's not necessarily due to 19T brushed is faster...its set up and gearing, too...and even if they were faster, its not the case everywhere else...Marc R. himself runs checkpoint Bl system, as well as Atsushi Hara, and Andy Moore runs Orion BL, and many other great drivers: Dreshcer, Levanen, GrosKamp, Surikarn, R. Volker, B. Baker, T. hodge, M. Dumas, P. Wynn, and so many others..they're all winning and doing great w/ brushless systems....
Those guys run BL in MOD, and Baker just blew away the Bl's at the ROAR onroad nats with his brushed motor, and they were all running 5 cell.
No big races yet where Bl and brushed run together in 19t.
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote