Community
Wiki Posts
Search

newbie on carpet

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default newbie on carpet

I have just purchased a losi xxx-s and would like to know if it will be a competitive car for carpet club racing? I also currently race a old school hpi rally converted for carpet in 27t stock and have tons of fun with the old kit
Old 11-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

With the proper set-up, it can be very good at the club level.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default losi xxx-s

The xxx-s can easily be a compettitive club racer. I used to be racing one of these in the stock class, and I was beating the latest cars out there. With this car, there are some tricks to lose a lot of weight. After you get rid of the highly unwanted weight, it is all about the setup to get it to handle. Sure motors and batteries play a big role, but i was using old monster motors and 3300 battery packs while everyone else was using 3800 batteries and they were using team brood CO 27 motors. It all came down to handling though. They were pulling away from me in the straights, but I would gain on them in the in-fields. Now, I proudly updated all of my gear, and I am now racing a jrxs type-r, with check point 19t motors, and IB4200 batteries.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tweeting while speaking

thanks guys ,the xxx-s is on the setup board as I'm posting this thread .I also installed a matrix 19T motor and replaced the esc with a new Novak gt7 to help with power delivery ,it looks good and should be fast .thanks again for your insight and may many tq's come your way

Last edited by dirtslide; 11-25-2007 at 05:40 PM.