Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Why hasn't Yokomo come out with a new car? >

Why hasn't Yokomo come out with a new car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why hasn't Yokomo come out with a new car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's the question on my mind: Why hasn't Kyosho come out with a new car?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

it seems funny seing so many of the same people that whine about xray comming out with new cars every year to keep up with the current team car changes, are now in here saying what???
Old 11-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MARKANO
Seem like Yokomo did really have a bad year. Cant Win both IFMAR Off roads titles this year. Worst of all, Mr. MASAMI didnt win ALL-JAPAN 1/12 & the most prestige Mod Touring Expert Class this year, which he was so invincible in the past. Masami won the first 4 cells tiltle for last year All-Japan. If not mistaken, this year was his worst result in the All-Japan touring compare to the past.

Didnt see much for his BD in this year All-Japan touring, information known was still the same old BD without any development. This is not Yokomo style at all, they always have new updated parts for such a big event every year. Tamiya & Cyclone have already have brand new car & updated chasis this time. Guess Yokomo must be having a complete new car with lots of innovative details which they didnt want to release yet.

I could be wrong, lets wait & see.

Masami did not with the 1/12 nationals but yokomo still won it with a younger driver.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Yokomo do have a new car, chris grainger was running a prototype at carpet wars 2-3 weeks ago.

Aparently he crashed it on the first run, and was hunting the track for the broken parts to rebuild it. as he had no spares.

He said that a new car will be out for the on road worlds, which is Aug 08?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Did anyone get any photos, if i saw a prototype its the first thing i would do.
What about John Pape he must know something, if Grainger had it John would have all the info on it.

Originally Posted by whoopass
Yokomo do have a new car, chris grainger was running a prototype at carpet wars 2-3 weeks ago.

Aparently he crashed it on the first run, and was hunting the track for the broken parts to rebuild it. as he had no spares.

He said that a new car will be out for the on road worlds, which is Aug 08?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mdoc
it seems funny seing so many of the same people that whine about xray comming out with new cars every year to keep up with the current team car changes, are now in here saying what???
Who, specifically, are you referring to?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Tech Champion

I enjoy the current situation.

My yokomo BD is still up to date car.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crabboy
Did anyone get any photos, if i saw a prototype its the first thing i would do.
What about John Pape he must know something, if Grainger had it John would have all the info on it.
I was not there, but it was under wraps at all times. My buddy said it was similiar to the current BD. (if it aint broken, dont fix it right!)
Our local club at Aldershot is a hunting ground for Chris grainger and is there often with updated BD chassis, a few weeks back he had a chassis with a single Bell crank for the steering, as opposed to the double bell crank currently on the BD.

Yokomo dont rush out cars, and I have tried a few of the latest cars, but always go back to the BD.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I still like my SD BLACK its dialed. I run my Yokomo in the stock class at my local track and it has beat xray t2s almost every race.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have six yokomo bd and I would not trade them for anything ,, once u figure out the set up u need it is a very fast car and drives very well
Old 11-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

i love my bd its an awsome car
then again i dont race
i am a drifter and you shall probly hate me for using a race spec chassis for compition drifting oh well
Old 11-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

I drive a SD LCG and it is still competitive against all the the new cars, so why do I have to buy a new car. I also race 1/8 unlimited hydroplanes and they represent the real ones. Some of our boats are more than 10yrs old and still racing!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default every one can vent.................

IM a fellow Yoki driver, an i have to agreee withalot of the things that have been thrown around.

There is a distinct lack of suport for my LHS who are the importers and ditributors for yoki in Australia. I still learn more from RC tech than through My communication with yokomo themselves.

Its frustrating when we order large quantities,(kits and parts, for a 3 month period we had NO KITS, and for a period of six months we had no spare chassis. And this is the AUSTRALIAN DISTRIBUTOR and get NOTHING delivered. Get no parts support, we look to do massive mods to the cars to KEEP them fast.
THEN, when one of My Friends, who has won numerous state titles with the BD, Tries a new chassis, he instatntly picks up .5 - .7 sec A LAP.

He and I used to be very close in our lap times, only a tenth seperated our fastest single lap times, now just with a change of chassis, and no set up/development time, he gains almost a sec.
And thats against a BD with 4 yrs development

Also the Yoki as never been underweight. Ive NEVER HAD MY CAR UNDERWEIGHT
and thats not for trying.

To My TGR Bro, Peace, and KAmakazie D man, GUTSY!

I love my yokomo but unfortunately all i see as a company willing to stay in Japan. Concentrating on a market other than top end TC. With the slow with drawl of the best driver the world has ever seen (IMHO) retiring, and no communication regarding their own future, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK.

Its just the rantings of some dum bunny, just venting my frustration, from both a business point of view, and as a racer.

Pops, Grainger, can some one shed some light in this doom and gloom........

Thanks for listening.

S
Old 11-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default BDM

I think the Yokomo car is still good. It's just the driving and setting do be done and it's not so difficult. The german drivers do always drive a very similar set-up.
I lost only 0.4s a lap to Marc Fischer, Ronald Völker and the other Top drivers in germany at the german nationals and I don't do practise and not many races. Maybe it was my motor making the gap not bigger. I'm now 40 years old and the car drives always nice and easy. I lost also 0.3s to the top drivers 10 years ago, when I was faster and practising more. I don't like the driving style with the spool and no need to save current, too. Anyway, there was also a Yokomo car in the A-main at the german nationals and anotherone close to it.
It depends also on the track and used tyre combination, which car is the better one. On some tracks the HBs and Tamiyas may have an advantage on other ones the Yokomo. It's the same in F1, sometimes Ferrari is faster, sometimes McLaren.
Anyway, of cause something can be always improved.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whoopass
I was not there, but it was under wraps at all times. My buddy said it was similiar to the current BD. (if it aint broken, dont fix it right!)
Our local club at Aldershot is a hunting ground for Chris grainger and is there often with updated BD chassis, a few weeks back he had a chassis with a single Bell crank for the steering, as opposed to the double bell crank currently on the BD.

Yokomo dont rush out cars, and I have tried a few of the latest cars, but always go back to the BD.
The car is question is NOT a prototype car, it is something Chris made himself, well before the worlds in Italy last year. He wanted something he could test ideas on, like centre point steering, different wishbones lengths etc. It was tested on all sorts of tracks and he found the standard car was always better.

I know for a fact that all the major touring car manufacturers will be working hard on developing new cars and parts ready for the worlds next year. There will be many new parts out next year I'm sure.