Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default ROAR Officer Election Ballot - deadline 11/15/07

Odd Numbered Region Directors, Canada and the office of Vice President are up for election this year.

the following is the link for download of the ballot.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ion_ballot.pdf
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Odd Numbered Region Directors, Canada and the office of Vice President are up for election this year.

the following is the link for download of the ballot.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ion_ballot.pdf
Oh goodie, there's a Write-In section where someone could vote for you Dawn
Old 10-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Questions?? Open question to all candidates

Who is looking for write-in votes and what are the issues that they are addressing?

This is the problem that I have with voting in ROAR elections. It's not like there is a list of things that people stand for or want to see done. This is like someone approaching you on the street and asking you to vote in Trash Man of the year. You don't really know who they are (sorry to abuse you if you know any such Sanitary Engineers). You like the work they do, but hardly know what they stand for, what the issues at stake are, and what their job fully entails.

It has been like this every year that I have known ROAR. Believe me, I want to like ROAR. Their goals are very noble, regardless of how much people think they 'screw everything up' with every decision they make. I re-up every year to race at ROAR sanctioned tracks, regional events and national events.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Oh goodie, there's a Write-In section where someone could vote for you Dawn
I second the motion!!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by timmay70
Who is looking for write-in votes and what are the issues that they are addressing?

This is the problem that I have with voting in ROAR elections. It's not like there is a list of things that people stand for or want to see done. This is like someone approaching you on the street and asking you to vote in Trash Man of the year. You don't really know who they are (sorry to abuse you if you know any such Sanitary Engineers). You like the work they do, but hardly know what they stand for, what the issues at stake are, and what their job fully entails.

It has been like this every year that I have known ROAR. Believe me, I want to like ROAR. Their goals are very noble, regardless of how much people think they 'screw everything up' with every decision they make. I re-up every year to race at ROAR sanctioned tracks, regional events and national events.
I feel I should reply to this, but I'm not sure how. You're looking for specific issues, and there really aren't any. It doesn't help that there's no one to debate issues with either.

The one opinion that it seems like everyone agrees on is ROAR sucks. I've come across this many times. So I always ask why does ROAR suck. Usually the answer is about some small detail that the person disagrees with. When I try to explain why ROAR made a particular decision, the response to that is "I don't care, ROAR still sucks!" How do you fight that?

The position of Regional Director I feel is to be an administrator. That is, here's the ROAR rulebook, lets follow it. If there's something in there you don't like, we can change it. An RD also needs to make decisions, and this is where the trouble starts. Once you make a decision, someone is bound to be pissed off. I think that's where the trouble is, I made a decision that someone didn't like.

There is no easy answer to this. You will have to read the different posts for yourself, and come to your own conclusion. I have always wanted to make RC racing better for all racers, not just the top level competitors.

I am not asking you to vote for me, but I am asking all ROAR members to vote. This is one of the few times your voice is truly heard.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jiml

I am not asking you to vote for me, but I am asking all ROAR members to vote. This is one of the few times your voice is truly heard.
Not really.

The ExComm, who makes all the final decisions, is made up of 5 appointed people (non-elected), and 2 elected people.

That's a heck of a majority, made up of people who don't have to answer to the membership. The President and Vice-President are are powerless if those other 5 don't agree with them.

Regional directors can only make suggestions, but have no vote to get them in place. This is also true for all the different committees.

So what's the point?

People are joining ROAR these days because they HAVE to; not because they WANT to.

The only thing that's going to force change is to stop paying for ROAR membership. Don't go to any ROAR races, so that you won't need to buy it. Throwing more money at a failed system isn't going to make things better.

If they're not going to listen to your voice, then do your talking with your wallet.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So, I have my ballot printed out like I do every year, and I am staring at it. It has one name for each position and a write-in spot (except for region 7, those poor people have nobody). There is no central spot on-line that lists what these candidates want/did, and nobody to speak out for or against them. We know of no one to run against them, and when we do, it only looks like a popularity contest. Except for the few e-mail exchanges that I had with Jim, I really don't know him from a hole in the wall.

There is no real central knowledge base for what these people did in the past. What kind of racing they do. What races they attend most often. What decisions they made at the sanctioned events and why, and who or what it affected. What kind of racing they are going to follow closely for their next term. How they feel about the current issues (motors, batteries, tires, body shells, race lengths, rain or shine, 1 ply or 2 ply, quilted or flat, boxers or thongs - you get the picture). Yet every year a ballot is thrust in front of the whole membership and we are told 'here vote, and if you don't vote, don't complain'...

I am not trying to be an a$sh0le, there is just nothing to be a nice guy with. ROAR, I want to back you up, but there is nothing to back up with. Please help.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Ass Toot
The only thing that's going to force change is to stop paying for ROAR membership.
See, that's the only part of your post I don't agree with. You're definitely not going to be able to change anything if you're not a member. If you're not a member, you can't vote, and the same people you don't like will keep getting elected.

You're right about the people who join ROAR only do so to run at ROAR races. They don't much care about what it takes to make ROAR work, they just want to compete for a regional or national title. That's why out of five thousand members or so you only get a hundred to actually vote.

When there are two tracks near you, and one of them treats you poorly, you can vote with your wallet and go to the other track. There's only one national organization that covers all of RC and that's ROAR. I constantly read posts about starting an organization to replace ROAR, but I don't see anyone doing it. That's because it's too hard to start from scratch. ROAR has a strong foundation, it's the structure that needs work.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Legend

Default Said it before

Will not renew my Roar membership until they legalize Li-Po.....
Could care less who is president .....

Already have learned the president of Roar means nothing as the Ex-con controls everything and the President really does not represent the Roar members who vote ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-11-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ROAR has suffered from crappy presidents for years now. We need someone that is open to all forms of racing, and see the "Big" picture.

I have been in place as the On Road Committee Chair for a couple of years, and while we have some support in the EXCOMM, the leadership from the top makes it impossible to get things fixed.

I believe the structure of the EXCOMM needs to be changed. When we elect the Pres and Vice Pres only, it allows the President to install his cronies.

ROAR really has all the pieces in place to make racing better for all of us, it just has to come together.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

All Region 9 members. Cast your write in vote for Glen Bean. Its time for change in this region. Time for the electric guys to have a voice. Hell its just time to have some races in this region. So please, cast your write in vote for Glen Bean in region 9. Thank you.

PS, Hasn't Dawn done a wonderful job with the crap that she's been given to work with? Why ruin a good thing?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hell i was voting for you Dave
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't do power well. I get a big head and then I try to fire everybody for not listening to me. Its not pretty.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Every election has the say things being said about ROAR.It's the santioning body- you want change you have to be a member and VOTE. It's simple but the vast majority will not do it.Since the internet is here we get to see the complainers that are not members complain to the people at are members.I've been a member since 1979 and listened and did my best to correct things thoughtout the years.I got off my butt and ran for office.But until the members take the time to actually vote the change you want is not going to happen.
You want to run lipos- run them. Exception are made.We are going to do that here in florida next year.Brushless motors ditto.
What makes the difference in anything- taking the time to VOTE!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Legend

Why Vote for a do nothing president ?

It does nothing ....

Put real issues , like the Li-Po or longer races on the ballot ...

Maybe then racer`s would join & vote....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.