R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default advice from all please?

I realize im a noob and whre i live we really dont have the tracks other than dirt here in vegas. i am handicapped in a wheelchair and love to build and refurbish cars. i got the smart i dea id build a a few fast cars. one was a 2 wheel drive only and i put the novak system with a 3.5 motor. bad thing. all it does is donuts....if i ever get to compete and for several of my 2 wheel drive cars im working on i was hopeing for some advice PLEASE and dont flame me just because im new to you ....i would still like to keep the cars as fast as possible meaning brushless and im faithful to novak....and if ever we do get some sanctioned races here in vegas that i at this point dont know about what size motor would all of you reccommend?
i was thinking of stepping down to a novak gtb 6.5 or 7.5 on the 2 wheel drives. on my four wheel drive i will still use 3.5 and 4.5 as the can handle the tourque and speed....but i want to have a car as fast as i can without donuts and also possibly one day get to use it in a race if the orginizations will accept brushless...i can use lipo or nicad but usually use lipo at home but if i ever get to race like some of you i will cahnge...bottom line on a 2 wheel drive car with carbon fiber chasis would you recommend 6.5 / 7.5 or even something slower...again i know im a noob but why would i write all of you if i wasnt trying to learn...thanks for any and all kind answers....paccman/ mark
paccman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what kind of cars are you talking about?
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what kind of cars are you talking about?
I will go out on a limb and assume he has a tc and an oval car or 1/12th. He said carbon fiber chassis and 2wd, so that is the basis of the assumption.

To the original poster; we were all new at one time, and most of us were also captured by the speed neediness of the cars. However I strongly suggest using slower motors to start with. You need to learn to drive the cars and feel setup changes before you try bigger motors. The money you save by braking less parts could be spent in the future for the bigger motors when you reach that level of driving. Also believe it or not, the average rc driver will go faster around a track with a slower motor.
trilerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
Default thank you for being kind...still inusre which motor

thank you for being kind and not blasting me...mostly im running 1/10 and maybe 2 1/12......i have one car i put a 3.5 in and is almost uncontrolable as it is a sinlge axle drive. if it was 4 wheel im sure it would do...again i dont know if ill ever get to race like most of you as vegas doesnt have all that many road tracks...i do have a few with 540 brushed n them but i feel like im driving a radio shack car its so slow...im very partial to novac and lipo....i love brushless motors but again i would ask for a 2 wheel drive a good mixture so im not just doing donuts or fighting keeping it strait from the power what would you reccmommend for a motor...i was thinking for these cars i should drop to anywhere from a 6.5-8.0 but i would rather take the advice of those who know more than i do...thanks again...paccman/mark
paccman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #5
Tech Addict

What cars are they?
I drink Dr.Pepper.
TylerOwenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default b

If you are talking on-road, come to the hobbytown parking lot races fridays at 5...call them to get the dates...sahara and decator store, you will want to use close to stock...13.5max...if you are talking off-road, come to the track at the silverbowl...russel and boulder hwy, behind the soccer field, you can use a heavy brushless there...pm me with any q's and we can meet up at either location...
I cut my own hair ☆
trdsupra88 is offline   Reply With Quote