Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

looks snazzy! To mad im brushless now.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nino_pohan
Rick, i thing is same like Yokomo T-MAX MSR 23T.. And for new reedy 27T and 19T it still fix timing?
The 27T and 19T are both fixed timing.

It is the same endbell as the Yokomo except for the brush configuration. Reedy engineer Tommi Torikka designed the endbell some time ago, and somehow (not exactly sure how)the design found its way onto Yokomo motors long before Reedy.

The motors will be submitted to the BRCA.

And for those that have gone brushless, Reedy will have something for you too.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how the hell are you supposed to install new brushes w/ eyelets on this thing? Judging from the size of the center hole in the brush retaining nut, the eyelet wouldn't fit through. You'd have to cut it off or replace the brush/spring/nut all at the same time.. (unless you direct solder, of course..) What am I missing here... Rick??
Old 11-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The 27T and 19T are both fixed timing.

It is the same endbell as the Yokomo except for the brush configuration. Reedy engineer Tommi Torikka designed the endbell some time ago, and somehow (not exactly sure how)the design found its way onto Yokomo motors long before Reedy.

The motors will be submitted to the BRCA.

I think yokomo have stand-up brush and not fixed timing for 23T.

Last edited by nino_pohan; 11-18-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how the hell are you supposed to install new brushes w/ eyelets on this thing? Judging from the size of the center hole in the brush retaining nut, the eyelet wouldn't fit through. You'd have to cut it off or replace the brush/spring/nut all at the same time.. (unless you direct solder, of course..) What am I missing here... Rick??
Looks like they put the nut on, then crimped on the brush eyelet, unless the brush fits through the hole of the nut (which I suspect it could do but not totally sure)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Initially, spare brushes will only be available as the typical solder on type. Depending upon demand, we may release a full eyelet replacement version. The only problem with this is that the spring and retainer will have to be included with the brush as a pre-built assembly. This may end up being pretty costly to the end user.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nino_pohan
I think yokomo have stand-up brush and not fixed timing for 23T.
You may be right. I am not 100% familiar with the Yokomo spec. Yokomo did chose to use a different brush configuration than was originally designed.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

cant hardly wait!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its about time someone stomps the trinity dominated stock class!! way to go reedy! i have always been a huge supporter of peak motors and to see rick behind reedy products is great! i will take 2 please
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Rick,

When do we get to hear more about this?

Steve
Old 11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AdrianM
You haven't been racing long have you? If you had you would never have uttered such a thing. Epic stock are fast but they are the most poorly made lumps of metal ever seen. Half the time the magnets are not centered, You can kill the magnets if you run once overgeared on a hot day, the comm's indexing can be off by +/- 5 degrees, they can be balanced poorly, etc.

Reedy motors have always had the best magnets, best tolernaces, best balancing, etc...

Were previous Reedy stockers fast...no. But maybe this one will be.
I used to love the Reedy Rage type R stock motor back in the day.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Rick
Are these motors going to be submitted to BRCA (UK)? I know the BRCA rules are slightly different to the ROAR Rules (God knows why!) hence the Co27 isn't allowed over here..... will this new motor meet our outdated UK rules?

Same applies for the 19t - though over here the KD doesn't fit the rules, but the Checkpoint, Atlas, etc does!

Thanks, look forward to trying one, knew it wouldn't be long before Reedy were "back in the game" with you working for them now

Oli
UK
Funny how the BRCA's 'out-dated' rules gives us a greater list of 19T motors to chose from than ROARs. BTW - the Komodo doesn't fit the ROAR rules either!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sinclair
Funny how the BRCA's 'out-dated' rules gives us a greater list of 19T motors to chose from than ROARs. BTW - the Komodo doesn't fit the ROAR rules either!
that's the main thing that struck me when comparing between ROAR & BRCA's motor list ..
Old 11-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Initially, spare brushes will only be available as the typical solder on type. Depending upon demand, we may release a full eyelet replacement version. The only problem with this is that the spring and retainer will have to be included with the brush as a pre-built assembly. This may end up being pretty costly to the end user.

How about machining a slot/notch into one side of each nut? (so when viewed from the front they look like a "C")
Old 11-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

How about machining a slot/notch into one side of each nut? (so when viewed from the front they look like a "C")
This idea will work and is being looked at as a solution for those that want to use eyelets. However this would still require that the springs be included with the brushes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.