Wiki Posts
Search

Help Setup Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Help Setup Problem

Hey guys i have a pretty annoying problem, I run an XRAY T2 and i cannot seem to get thsi right, I am on a pretty big and flowing track in Australia(adelaide) and it currently the nats.
ANyway here is my problem the car is good but when i am at high speed into a corner and i let my finger off the throttle it kicks the rear end out. If i keep my finger on the throttle its pretty good but still unstable, how should i fix this?
I have medium multi flex on the bottom of the car but all the screws in the top deck. Kit silver springs, 3mm rear droop, 2.5m front droop, 5m ride hight all round. 30 weight allroad in shocks. The diff has just been rebuilt.
Thanks Guys
Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Comon guys i need help.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Jamie814340,

From what you describe it sounds like the front may be too soft.

I would try harder springs up front and a little less droop in the rear to keep the off power weight more balanced.

Also, take a look at the Xray site. There are a lot of setup guides on there for large tracks that may help as well.

Greg
Old 11-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yup. transferring too much weight forward, off power, stiffen up the front and/or reduce the rear droop . may want a bigger sway bar in the front as well. I only sauce 1/2 fronts on my T2 for asphalt. good luck
Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Yes it sounds like your weight transfer is too fast so you need to slow it down. All thats posted above wiil work, two additional things you can try if you have the adjustable pistons close down the front shocks to one or two holes. Another adjustment you can do is to change the roll center and or the dive settings of the front suspension. If you lower the roll center you will get less weight transfer and/or if you set the arms angled down you get the same result.