R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Castle Creations Sidewinder (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/190332-new-castle-creations-sidewinder.html)

k£v!n 11-11-2007 09:43 AM

New Castle Creations Sidewinder

Picture and available information here.

AdrianM 11-11-2007 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by k£v!n (Post 3853537)
Picture and available information here.

Thats was bound to happen. Those motors cost very little to make. The speedo is pretty inexpensive too. The cost is tied up in the development and programming.

syndr0me 11-11-2007 09:47 AM

It's funny that the company is like 2 miles away from me, and I read about their updates on a UK blog.

k£v!n 11-11-2007 10:19 AM

I want to know is the motor a new and improved design or an exciting motor, at this point in time it looks like I’ll just have to wait until they release more information.

Mooshu Beef 11-11-2007 06:26 PM

rumors and info have been floating around various forums and such. One of the developers is on this forum too, so I am sure he'll answer some questions when he sees the topic.

I hear that it can deliver up to around 75% of the power the MM can deliver, it will still take all the voltage of 3S lipo and like that site said, will sell $150 for ESC and motor combo, with the ESC only priced at around $85!

That is affordable my friend, even for me. Then again, I'll be waiting till someone buys it and sells it for a lower price :p

I forgot to mention that I believe it will still be programmable, and SensorLESS. As all Castle Creation stuff is now.

Super_Roo 11-11-2007 08:13 PM

Straight from the horses mouth

Originally Posted by Joe Ford (Post 3848451)
The Sidewinder is an entry level brushless system. Max of 3s lipo on the 4600 or 2s on the 5700...we'll also have another motor kv in the future...3600kv.

I like the idea of a lower kv motor and if it has "No Motor Limit" for brushed motors then it will make a pretty cheap alternative to some of the more costly brushed esc's on the market given the features of the Mamba Max.

But I think I did read somewhere that it doesn't have a data port for programming though.

Mooshu Beef 11-11-2007 09:34 PM

I think it is just that the USB port is not there. I think there will be a specially designed cable, or something to that effect.

Yeah, plus it will be reversible too. I am going to sell my GTX and get this when it comes out.

more$thanbrains 11-11-2007 10:31 PM

oe maybe the castle link like for the mamba 25 series

glassdoctor 11-12-2007 08:28 AM

Yes.. it's going to use a Castle link... as will the new MMM. So it seems that the MM is the only Castle esc that will have a usb plug built in.

This little sidewinder should be really nice... would make a killer rtr/oem system.

jheimb4897 01-18-2008 02:35 PM

A cheap 1/10 BL ESC from CC, and no one has posted on it since november? Shame on you guys!

This thing came out and I ordered myself one. I have one question though, will it be possible to use other manufactuers motors in it? Like a Novak 13.5 or something of the like? the $80 price tag is really a big plus and I would like to use this thing for racing. I am a budgeting fool, so I was just wondering peoples opinions and of the like. Let's here what you guys think of it!

Sabin 01-18-2008 02:44 PM

no USB port, solder posts.. hmm looks familiar.

PitNamedGordie 01-18-2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by jheimb4897 (Post 4091815)
A cheap 1/10 BL ESC from CC, and no one has posted on it since november? Shame on you guys!

This thing came out and I ordered myself one. I have one question though, will it be possible to use other manufactuers motors in it? Like a Novak 13.5 or something of the like? the $80 price tag is really a big plus and I would like to use this thing for racing. I am a budgeting fool, so I was just wondering peoples opinions and of the like. Let's here what you guys think of it!

is it out yet?

jheimb4897 01-18-2008 05:01 PM

yes sir, I just ordered it from Tower Hobbies... :sneaky:

jheimb4897 01-18-2008 05:15 PM

Tons of people are already talking about it, and using it. It does have the castle link for it. But Castle is waiting to update it so you can run brushed motors a little easier. But my question is, CAN THE MAMBA MAX AND SIDEWINDER RUN OTHER MANUFACTURER'S BRUSHLESS MOTORS? I want to run 13.5, but I don't think they have a 13.5 equivenlent yet. (sorry if I hacked that word. I can't think right now) Because if the Mamba Max can, then I don't see why this one wouldn't be able to as well. I need to run brushed and Brushless, so any help would be most appreciated.

wyd 01-19-2008 08:01 PM

Here is the production version of the Sidewinder.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ionVersion.jpg