Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Norway suspends Electric RC racing >

Norway suspends Electric RC racing

Norway suspends Electric RC racing

Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well I thought I heard it all but this is one of the most rediculious things that I can remember in a long time. Government at is best to once again take away from the people. Soon you won't be able to flush your toilet becauce it might clog and blow up your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just wonder why people revolt.

You have more of a chance of falling out of your bed while sleeping and getting hurt than you ever will at a R/C race track with electric batteries being charged. Just in no one is allowed to sleep in beds anymore in fear one would fall out and get hurt!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Well I thought I heard it all but this is one of the most rediculious things that I can remember in a long time. Government at is best to once again take away from the people. Soon you won't be able to flush your toilet becauce it might clog and blow up your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just wonder why people revolt.

You have more of a chance of falling out of your bed while sleeping and getting hurt than you ever will at a R/C race track with electric batteries being charged. Just in no one is allowed to sleep in beds anymore in fear one would fall out and get hurt!!!!!!!!!
WYD for Prez.08
Old 11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

They better ban Snow Skiing in Norway, thats not dangerous at all. While they are at it maybe they should ban all cooking, I once burnt myself on a pan that left a wicked mark for a few days.

I agree with WYD this might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
"small pennis syndrome"
Back up!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

this is stupid, the missuses of product cause the entire sport to be banned? they better live in a tank of culture fluid like bacteria so no tools or items will hurt them.

ban of electric RC, maybe some crime bosses should get involve and make fortune out of outlaw electric RC racing like they did in Prohibition periods in USA
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

yea this is pretty stupid.....i have used my ib4200 cells every weekend and i havent had no probs with them at all.
dousnt make sence that a particular place is having probs with peeps batts exploding....wtf....
Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kn7671
Yo Bill, not what I meant at all. I just hate to see people overly protective of a problem that has been well discussed as a known issue with the IB4200's, and then to see santioned race events suspended because of it is crazy. They could have easily said that batteries must be charged inside some sort of container to prevent potential injury until more testing can be done to create a new battery approved list.

I liken this to people forcing helmet laws on motorcyclists. We all know of the inherent danger of not wearing helmets, but we don't need people telling or worse, stopping us from riding w/o one.
I agree with billjacobs you are a moron. A helmet saved my life. You should wear one at all times.

What I was saying is that most mod guys are running 5 cell so why would they go to 7.4V?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
They better ban Snow Skiing in Norway, thats not dangerous at all. While they are at it maybe they should ban all cooking, I once burnt myself on a pan that left a wicked mark for a few days.

I agree with WYD this might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Done this hobby 24 years now and never had a battery blow up. Venting a some but never anything that would cause injusry to anyone.

This is one that will see on some TV show or in The Enquirer!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
WYD for Prez.08
Well I don't think many could do any worse than we have now.

The Goverment should worry about other things going on in the world like lets say off the chart gas prices, heating oil prices, lack of jobs, illegal aliens, and so on no some freaking R/C car batteries. I can see are congressmen debating on that subject..........can you see the smoke now......oh wait it was an IB4200 blowing up and starting a fire.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

This was after a 10 foot fire ball in the middle of the pits. No one was hurt. The driver was actually racing.
Attached Thumbnails Norway suspends Electric RC racing-115102092-m.jpg   Norway suspends Electric RC racing-115102116-m.jpg   Norway suspends Electric RC racing-115102144-m.jpg  
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

I've also blown up lipos. A 2c 390mah is about 1 1/4in long and 1in wide and about 1/2in. thick. It was about a 6 foot fire ball with my girlfriend sitting 4 feet away. She didn't even know that it on fire ( except for the heat).
Old 11-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OleC
John, posting your oppinions as the views of "most drivers in Norway" is just BS. Please don't...

Ole C "most of the drivers in Norway" don't agrea with the federation, please read what is writen in our norwegian forum, you and shy are the one's that are happy with the tempeerary stop in driving?

On the only indoor track who is open and has som driving no one shares you point of wiew, pepole was back on the track yesterday, says how much drivers agree and listens to you and your mates in the federation issue

Do you realy think that we in little Norway can influence this big marked and the new cells that are coming in the efra list are any better? and witch guarantee will we have that they don't blow up??

It's when you charge/discahrge the cells wrong they blow up, but you know that
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
This was after a 10 foot fire ball in the middle of the pits. No one was hurt. The driver was actually racing.
How did the driver fit the pink battery separater in the car?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd

What does the government have to do with this issue?

I don't think it was the Norway Government that banned electric racing.

It was the Norway Federation which is just a sanctioning body like ROAR.

If ROAR banned electric racing would you blame the US Government?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Well, if no one actually bother to read what other people write, then waht is the point of debating this at all????
As often seen on forums, people are to busy throwing dirt at each other to actually read the posts containing information....

There has been an increase in batteries exploding since the release of IB4200. This, along with two of the largest battery matcher companies asking for a halt in the use of the IB4200 cells caused our federation to stop all races temporarily (I might spell that word wrong, but I’m sure most of you understand if what I mean).
Only the goverment can ban all acticity or races. Some of you are clearly confused thinking that our goverment has something to do with this...

HappyHippo (John Lara) has given you guys wrong information, not all racing or activity is stopped. Our federation does not have the authority to do so, nor do they whish to. All races that the federation have responcibility for is stopped temporarily until they find out what to do to improve safety. They do not expect this hobby to ever be completely safe, but in the light of recent events I think it's a wise decision.
And to be sure: This is temporarily, and concerns only federation races, with advice going out to the clubs.

@HappyHippo: Once again you are putting your own oppinion forward as a fact. I know you love to do so and stirr up a mess. On the Norwegian forum we all know you and just ignore the stupid comments you make to stirr things up. Please stop.

I have nothing to with the federation other then that I sent them an email expressing my concerns regarding the safety in our races.

Read my post again, untill you have understood what I wrote. Untill then stop the stupid remarks, please.

I wrote my post to shead some light to what has actually happened. But if you guys don’t bother to read other than the stupid comments some people make, then I’m not gonna waste more time here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.