R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How do you make a Electric RC CAR go faster (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/189879-how-do-you-make-electric-rc-car-go-faster.html)

ivoo 11-08-2007 12:31 AM

How do you make a Electric RC CAR go faster

can someone tell me is there any way to make a rc elctric car go faster without like putting new mods onto it ??

MrUnlimited 11-08-2007 12:42 AM

No, there is no way you mentioned. The only way to make it faster is to invest in your car: brushless motor or brushed motor with fewer turns, high quality bearings, lightenend parts like carbon chassis, titanium parts instead of alloy to name a few. Going faster costs money and that is up to you: how much would you invest and is your car worth it ( I won't invest too much into a Tamiya TT-01 for excample)

mac853 11-08-2007 12:54 AM

The only way it's drive faster. I hope it's answer for you.
But if you want to join RC car without modifying, there's no fun.
We all are here spending times to putting threads and replying, exchanging ideas and knowledge, properly for improving our hobby.
By myself, the mainly reason to join RC hobby it's just because i have no money and support to join real car racing, but doesn't mean i have to playing toys.

FrankW 11-08-2007 01:15 AM

First question I have to ask the origonal poster is: What do you mean by "Faster"? If you mean, "how can I have faster lap-times at my local track without spending money" then I'd suggest you practice more. Ask for some driving tips from the local fast guys and then practice some more.

If you just want your car to go faster down the street in a strait line, then you are looking at spending money. Bigger batteries and stronger motors are the life-blood of going very fast in a strait line. The current world record holder used 8 lipoly cells (29.6 volts) and a brushless motor to get to 130+ mph if my memory serves me correctly. If you don't want to drop big money on new motors and batteries, then invest in a few pinion gears (they're about $3 a piece). Be careful though, too big of a pinion can cause your motor to dray too many amps and burn up your motor, esc or battery.

If you're super broke you can always take your car to a hill and drive it downhill. It will go faster down than when going back up hill.

-Frank

ivoo 11-08-2007 03:24 AM

thanks

thanks everyone for the help.
im just asking cause i have one and its not that fast and i wanna make it dritft.
but soon i will be buying a good one and will be spending a couple of big ones on it i just got into this stuff and yeahh.

and if someone could send pics of electric motors to my email that would be real great thanks
its
[email protected]

sosidge 11-08-2007 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by ivoo (Post 3843452)
can someone tell me is there any way to make a rc elctric car go faster without like putting new mods onto it ??

Put it in the boot of your road car and drive down the motorway. Should be doing 70+. Costs nothing.:lol:

Essnowyt 11-08-2007 04:48 AM

Inspect, clean and relube the bearings. Replace any that are bad. Any thing to free up the drive line will help. If you want faster on the track, look at all of the suspension parts. Make sure nothing is bent or binding.

Snowy.

SQC049 11-08-2007 05:14 AM

NOS??:confused:

MMS1 11-08-2007 05:59 AM

cam 2:lol::lol:

Lonestar 11-08-2007 06:02 AM

Same as above - learn to drive and practice. There's been a general trend in the industry these past few years to make you believe that you need a ton of blue and purple hopups to make your car go faster, but frankly, it starts with very own fingers eyes and brain.

Paul

jon1560 01-24-2014 08:13 PM

I have a ofna gtv2e and I was wondering what motor would fit so I can run faster. I still have the stock motor

InspGadgt 01-24-2014 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ivoo (Post 3843652)
thanks everyone for the help.
im just asking cause i have one and its not that fast and i wanna make it dritft.
but soon i will be buying a good one and will be spending a couple of big ones on it i just got into this stuff and yeahh.

and if someone could send pics of electric motors to my email that would be real great thanks
its
[email protected]

Drifting is going to make it slower. To make an RC car drift they use a hard plastic tire so it has little to no grip. Early drifters used PVC pipe for their tires. So if you want to drift take the tires off the wheels and take a wheel down to your local hardware store. Find a piece of PVC that fits snug over the wheel and cut yourself 4 tires cheep.

InspGadgt 01-24-2014 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by FrankW (Post 3843509)
The current world record holder used 8 lipoly cells (29.6 volts) and a brushless motor to get to 130+ mph if my memory serves me correctly.

About 40mph faster! :)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...71-96-mph.html

Yosh70 01-24-2014 09:32 PM

Nice 7 yr resurrection :rolleyes:

Timbulb 01-25-2014 09:17 AM

Give it to me. It'll instantly go faster, I promise.:sneaky: