Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
FREE BATTERIES! RCSLOT GIVES AWAY FREE BATTERIES! >

FREE BATTERIES! RCSLOT GIVES AWAY FREE BATTERIES!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FREE BATTERIES! RCSLOT GIVES AWAY FREE BATTERIES!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default FREE BATTERIES! RCSLOT GIVES AWAY FREE BATTERIES!

Just wanted to update everyone as to what happened to this thread. The thread was deleted by RC Tech and Ced RC was banned for 2 weeks. The reason given was: broke the rules for advertising in the forum. If a list of participants could be obtained a winner would be named and free batteries will be shipped out, this was not a scam. RCSLOT desires to honor their promise.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So can you still run this contest, only without the ads in the thread?

That's really too bad though. But I wouldn't mind getting batteries--my two second hand 1500mAh batteries are dead now...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Cheesehead
Just wanted to update everyone as to what happened to this thread. The thread was deleted by RC Tech and Ced RC was banned for 2 weeks. The reason given was: broke the rules for advertising in the forum. If a list of participants could be obtained a winner would be named and free batteries will be shipped out, this was not a scam. RCSLOT desires to honor their promise.
Good move posting the same ad again...you know...that got the first guy banned/suspended!

Lemme know how that works out for you...LOL
Old 11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

if you put the add in the comrecial fourm section shouldnt it be ok?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
So can you still run this contest, only without the ads in the thread?

That's really too bad though. But I wouldn't mind getting batteries--my two second hand 1500mAh batteries are dead now...
The rules seem unclear for this type of thing. People put links to products in threads and replies all the time? What's the difference? How does anyone know who works for what shop or if someone just likes a certain shop because they offer great support? So I am not trying to re-start this contest, mostly I'm just wanting to let everyone know what happened to the thread.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Good move posting the same ad again...you know...that got the first guy banned/suspended!

Lemme know how that works out for you...LOL
This is not the same ad, the only thing similar is the title of the thread. I made the title similar hoping that people would read this thread, recognize the title. I just want everyone to know what happened to the thread.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gee, does this mean my posts loses a number?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by amain
if you put the add in the comrecial fourm section shouldnt it be ok?
I guess? The rules seem unclear. Also it seems that some people advertise discreetly for retail shops? So if the problem concerning the giveaway was the promotion of RCSLOT, then it seems that Ced RC was being discriminated against, because many many other members here have favorite stores and they often promote by providing links to products etc?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

I guess? The rules seem unclear. Also it seems that some people advertise discreetly for retail shops? So if the problem concerning the giveaway was the promotion of RCSLOT, then it seems that Ced RC was being discriminated against, because many many other members here have favorite stores and they often promote by providing links to products etc?
It doesn't seem very "unclear"...it actually seems quite clear. He pulled a promotional stunt in a tech forum. There's a place for that stuff -- and it's not here. They have a whole forum for that type of activity.

And...with all due respect to you Mr. Cheeshead, it was a very cheesy stunt at that. Right there with the Ipods, cell phones and the free "I'm a spammer" T-shirts from MaxAmps.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
It doesn't seem very "unclear"...it actually seems quite clear. He pulled a promotional stunt in a tech forum. There's a place for that stuff -- and it's not here. They have a whole forum for that type of activity.

And...with all due respect to you Mr. Cheeshead, it was a very cheesy stunt at that. Right there with the Ipods, cell phones and the free "I'm a spammer" T-shirts from MaxAmps.
Enlighten us. Can you provide a link to the page here which shows "the rules" ?? The rules for other forums are much more clear, like RC Car Action, check out this link:

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=190148

No question what is allowed/not allowed. And why do you seem angry? Were you personally affected?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I like boobies.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Phatkat
I like boobies.
Hilarious
Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Darn.. There goes my chance of getting free batts.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Enlighten us. Can you provide a link to the page here which shows "the rules" ?? The rules for other forums are much more clear, like RC Car Action, check out this link:

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=190148

No question what is allowed/not allowed. And why do you seem angry? Were you personally affected?
I don't run this place, so ask the people who do. I just don't see where it's that complicated in this case...you can't just go out and start spamming on a board. Pretty simple. Maybe you need to look around a little bit and see how more responsible places behave and maybe do the same.

Just think what a shithole this place would be if everyone behaved like you guys do. Every shop out there giving away some stick pack would bomb the front page and there would be no room for anyone else. Just learn some manners and everyone will be fine.

Maybe pay for an ad or something and you can have your own thread in the other forum like everyone else does...???
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't wish to argue with you Turbo Joe, but I do know that Ced RC has contacted the folks which run RC Tech about the rules which apply to this, and there has been no reply.

I wouldn't consider giving away some batteries spam.

spam (spăm)
n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

tr.v., spammed, spam·ming, spams.
To send unsolicited e-mail to.
To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

Giveaways are a huge hit on rccrawler.com forum, surely hasn't made it a craphole, in fact moderators help regulate the giveaways, everyone seems happy with it. And so far you seem to be the only person here complaining? Sorry you feel so negatively toward the giveaway idea, and obviously you don't need to worry about seeing giveaways here in the future. And once again I merely wanted to let all the diasappointed members whom posted know why the thread disappeared. That's all, not trying to spam a board or anything here, just informing everyone why the thread disappeared.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.