LRP Sphere 07 question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sphere 07 question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

As MrC (this is Andy, he works at LRP as well) explained in this thread already above:

The Sphere Competition 2007 Edition does have 8 power profiles in BRUSHLESS mode while it has only 6 power profiles in BRUSHED mode. Same goes for the TC-Spec.

The former version (2006 Edition of Spehere Competition) does have 6 power profiles for brushless and brushed.

So, if you have no brushless motor connected to the speedo, it will only show you 6 power profiles since it switched to brushed mode automatically.
I'm quite sure this is the "mistake" you did, sorry if it is not explained well enough in the manual.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

it only has six while hooked up to the motor, blinks six times, hit it again and it starts over
Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

I assume you have the power wires and the sensor wires hooked up when you connected it, right?

If that's the case and it only has 6 power profiles, indicates "2007 Edition" on the packaging and you bought it with an intact factory seal, then I'd have to apologise because there would have happened a mistake on our end and you did not get a "2007 Edition".

I'd suggest you speak to your LHS first (or wherever you bought it) about it.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

I have a question, after all this discussion has anyone actually done a real back to back test of the 2006 versus 2007? If so will you share the results please.

And, what are the exact dimensions of the caps, 06 versus 07.

It appears some people have six and some have seven mods and they all think they have 07's. Can a LRP rep tell us a little more than see you LHS please.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

@Ted: what else do you need to know? I think I explained what modes are normal and what are not, if I have not done that in a good way then please let me know your specific question.

I have not heard of any other 2007 Edition speedos with this "6 power profiles in brushless instead of 8" apart from the one loopedout mentions here so this is definitely not something common.

2006 has a small external cap (don't have the dimensions to hand here at home) but it's about 1/3 of the size of the one from the 2007 Edition, so it can be easily recognised.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by burito
@Ted: what else do you need to know? I think I explained what modes are normal and what are not, if I have not done that in a good way then please let me know your specific question.

I have not heard of any other 2007 Edition speedos with this "6 power profiles in brushless instead of 8" apart from the one loopedout mentions here so this is definitely not something common.

2006 has a small external cap (don't have the dimensions to hand here at home) but it's about 1/3 of the size of the one from the 2007 Edition, so it can be easily recognised.
Thanks for responding, I thought I had a 2007, it has the big cap, the box came with the yellow page of instructions, and a white page, but it only has six profiles...hence my question. The instructions only have six profiles as well. So what is it? I know it is not a TC, it doesn't have a fan.

It works fine but I am wondering how much if any performance I am giving up, I run 10.5 and 13.5.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you're only running 10.5 max, then you aint missing a thing. The TC has slightly less resistance and slightly more profiles, but that dosen't warrant buying it if you already have a Sphere. You simply wont notice the difference.

I run the Pro Sport for brushed 19T, simply because it's the lightest LRP speedo made for 1:10 competition racing. Gotta be careful with weight here...1350 weight limit (or 1400 by 2008)
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burito
I assume you have the power wires and the sensor wires hooked up when you connected it, right?

If that's the case and it only has 6 power profiles, indicates "2007 Edition" on the packaging and you bought it with an intact factory seal, then I'd have to apologise because there would have happened a mistake on our end and you did not get a "2007 Edition".

I'd suggest you speak to your LHS first (or wherever you bought it) about it.
yeah sensor wire hooked up on a novak 8.5 (already have my order in on the LRP 8.5, patiently waiting) and yeah has the 2007 sticker on the box, my LHS just ordered it for me. ok, looked in the box, there is the yellow paper, but I just double checked and only has six profiles. ah well just wondering, still fast
Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doesn't the standard Sphere simply say "Sphere, Brushless + Brush" and the 07' Sphere say "Sphere Competition" on the ESC?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

yeah I think so, but the 07 is just on the box, comp has thicker wires and a cap, if they have a heatsink on its hard to tell sometimes