From the AGM minute summary:
""Lithium Polymer drive batteries - allow them for 2009?
- Lipo is becomming more and more the standard of the industry.
- To improve safety for all racers aswell as organizers, clear rules must be written to avoid accidental issues.
- Dimension and configuration settings for (car) manufactors.
- Longer runtimes possible - higher cycles rates than NIMH
- Safety issues have improved alot over the past 2 years.
A discussion around this type of batteries took place and the section chairmen are to gather information in order not to delay the introduction longer than needed."