Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kawada Sigma SV10

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kawada Sigma SV10

Has anybody got this car? Since there has not been any firm dates on when the new corally will be on the stores I thought I just get this one and will use it for the coming race early June. I really like to have a single belt on my next kit.

What is advantage of having a mid motor mount? any information will be appreciated. By the way i will be running both stock and 12 turn limit. Thanks.

Assasin
Attached Thumbnails Kawada Sigma SV10-kawada-sigma.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Do a search on here and ou will find information on the car.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb Kawada sigma

Assasin,

Ive' got one . PM me if you're interested in trade

CE
Old 07-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Macky...any new updates on that beautiful Sigma of yours???
Still waiting to hear from some of you Sigma owners.......we know you're out there !!!!! Speak up or I may just have to get one and do an impromptu drivers report. Now thats scary !!!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey Macky...any new updates on that beautiful Sigma of yours???
Still waiting to hear from some of you Sigma owners.......we know you're out there !!!!! Speak up or I may just have to get one and do an impromptu drivers report. Now thats scary !!!
Not yet. I just back from out of town but I still have a fw days before I go back to work. I hope to mount some electronics tomorrow and run it early next week. I'm having a hard time trying to decide what esc to put on it.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Macky, use the Keyence ESC or the LRP/Futaba one. They are nice and small. Got a Sigma did you. You get the coolest stuff. I have been running the new Yoke SD.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Macky,
How did it build up??? Quality of parts and fit good or what?? Whats it gonna be like to maintain it?? Everything easy to adjust or take off for repair ??
Old 07-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Evoracer
Macky,
How did it build up??? Quality of parts and fit good or what?? Whats it gonna be like to maintain it?? Everything easy to adjust or take off for repair ??
The build was fairly straight forward but that's easy fo me to say because I have built a few cars with Japanese instructions. The quality of parts and fit were excellent. The car looks fairly easy to work on. If you take off the top shock mount and four srews for the shock towers you can get to the diffs. You adjust anti-squat, anti-dive, and etc just like the 414 with washers under the bulkheads. the camber linksare mounted to a fixed position on the bulkheads but can be adjusted by different size washers. Everything else is pretty straight forward. Like I said before there are a lot of screws on the car. Anotherthing if youbuild the kit by the manual you end up with extremely short shocks. The shortest 've ever built. The car seems preety free without doing anything to the bearings or breaking it in yet.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Any new stuff to report???? Somebody out there needs to come out of the closet and give some info . This car looks way to good to be forgotten. Fess up people !!!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't get a chance to run mine over the weekend ( to many things to do on the honey do list). I did get a chance to mount the electronics on it so it is all ready to go. My next off day I should be able to run it. I did notice it's hard mounting the electronics. There seems to be enough room but the rx mounts in the back and with the stand off it made it a liitle hard to find a good spot for it. I ended up using a JR 8450, Novak XXtra, and my MRT VX Pro esc. I used the MRT because it has the on/off switch in the setup button. Made the install a little cleaner.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have got this car few month back, have a little problem getting the car to dial while running on carpet but I think it's not the car but the carpet. The last race I run the car outdoor with a front diff, TQed and win the race. The car is fast and the acceration is good and the drive train is very efficient.

I will be racing it this weekend after a long break from electric TC, will keep you guys posted on the performance.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sigma

Hey guys, over the next week or so I will be doing a build on one and posting it on the web-site. I have made many changes to the web-site and today added many parts until I dropped my camera. have to buy a new one before I can add the other 34 parts. The build will have many pictures of the assembly as I go along and they will be very clear, I will also make notes on a couple of things that I feel should be watched in the build. I do not reccomend this as a first timers car, at least not for building. The instructions are clear for someone that has built before and they should not have a problem. Take a look at the site and I am always looking for suggestions to make it better. The parts page and Sigma page load slow because of the many pictures , so be patient.
www.kawadaracing.com
Old 07-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

To owners of Sv10 sigma....do u all installedd the receiver directly on the servo? I wanted to but will there b any glitch.Cos my servo extra wire for the 7.2v is too short to extend to the rear.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by alucard
To owners of Sv10 sigma....do u all installedd the receiver directly on the servo? I wanted to but will there b any glitch.Cos my servo extra wire for the 7.2v is too short to extend to the rear.
I installed my receiver in the back. You could always add wire so it can reach it. I'll take a picture today.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a picture withthe electronics mounted. I ended up using my XXtra receiver because I needed the receiver to lay flat. After I noticed my Airtronics mini receiver in one of my other cars I think I will put that in the car. That should give me a little more room then I'll mount either my Keyence or KO esc on there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.