Wiki Posts
Search

Kawada Sigma SV10

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bender
... still trying to decide between the Sigma and the 05 Atlas car (if I decide to buy another car at all).
There is an '05 Atlas car?

And if you think parts support for the Kawada is bad do you think the Atlas is better?

I myself run an Xray '05 on a regular basis. No I'm not ready for the T2. I think the 05 is still a very capable car.

Back to the subject, where is everyone else? The Kawada is still a good car in contrast to today's topend tourers. By this, I am talking about the Sigma 2.

Anyone out there has had some good luck running this car during the past year. Any good set-ups?

I'm looking to run this car to possibly break-up the "me-too" chain of upscale tourers i.e. Xray T2 MSX Cyclone BD design layout.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm from Australia, so parts support for ANY brand except maybe Scumacher or XRay is pretty bad!

Doesn't rally bother me though, I only ever carry a very small range of important spares, and rc champ in Japan has regular stocks of virtually all brands, at cheap prices too

Yes, there is an 05 Atlas car, though it's only a little different from the last version. IMO the Cyclone is based on these cars, as it's design is almost identical, and it shares many of the same parts.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

I ran this chassis all this year in stock and couldn't be happier (indoor on carpet with foam tyres). I ended up 5th in our club championship, and the 4 in front of me were all Team Drivers (sponsored by LHS). This was my first season in RC so was pretty happy with the results. The top 4 were all running Yok BDs, but have all been driving for at least 3 or more years. I honestly think if this chassis had been in more capable hands it would have easily had won the local championship, and if i had run another chassis i might not have done so well. The driveline was extremely smooth and did not break a single part on it (even though i did have quite a few spectacular crashes ) It is very adjustable. Our LHS has a very good relationship with Kawada and gets stock in quite frequently. Just my 2 cents anyway.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!
Keep on Rollin