Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/12 scale top five cars? >

1/12 scale top five cars?

1/12 scale top five cars?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panther420
I just got a Darkside MX2 a month ago and love it. It drives like its on rails and carries a lot of corner speed. I run 19T on carpet.

http://www.darksidems.com/

I second that... This is the only 12th car I have owned, but it makes me look like a pro driving it! I will be bringing mine to Cleveland here in a few weeks, can't wait! I also run 19t & stock carpet
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Best cars:

1) RC12E
2) RC12I
3) RC12L
4) RC12L3
5) RC12L4

Yeah, a 12E with todays batteries and brushless mod. That's the ticket!
Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks for all the Suggestions. Now where to buy?

Hey... Thanks again for all the input. Any idea on the best place to buy these kits? Lowest price place?

Kind of leaning toward a GEN X
Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

the db12r is an awesome car. The build quaility is awesome, as a former crc guy. I really do like new crc car as well. But Jason is an awesome designer and the car flat out performs. Also there is great support for the car and jason has great prices and cool trick items that no other company can offer. There are custom machined front end spacers. The car comes with all the irs goodies that you end up buying for other cars. Also there is a trick carbon fiber servo saver brace that is bmi only. And they have the only pre-drilled servo mounts that can do angled or flat servo mounts.

Check out the db12 thread on this forum, ask some questions and you will see for your self.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

I don't think you could say that there is one 12th chassis that is overall better than any others! Loads of companies have great ideas and concepts that help push the overall development of this class of racing so to say that one is better than another is quite hard to do really.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azrael_nite
Hello all,

Thinking of trying 12th scale. Just wanted to know if I can get a run down on what cars are the top in this scale. Pros and cons would be cool.

thanks,
well lets see , there's the BMI DB12R and then there's
Old 11-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

I gotta put in a bit of a word here for the Darkside MX2 since that is what I drive There are only a few 1/12ths that use an in-line battery configuration and of those I like this the best. Having the shock mount stand offs in front of the battery is much stronger at holding the battery in place. When they are on the side you risk the battery ejecting straight through the servo in a hard crash. Darkside has some updates to the chassis too that they've been talking about. Can't wait to see what they've come up with!

The BMI DB12R really is a piece of art. I've been planning to get one of these to add to my 1/12th collection. One of our local racers picked one up so I've been able to take a really close look at it and it is very sweet.

CRC and Speedmerchant allready had top notch cars which they have refined considerably and have recently gone away from the traditional AE front end to their own designed front ends. I'd love to get the new SM front end installed on my Darkside MX2
Old 11-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

You still can't go wrong withthe L4. It can literally change for the driver.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

CRC..THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE