Wiki Posts
Search

M-04 Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hprt
.......The biggest downfall with the M04, is dealing with changing traction levels on the track through the racing day. As the track grooves up and grip level increases, the M04 tends towards oversteer, which makes for a difficult drive. This can be solved with going to harder compound tires in the front, or using less traction compound on the front as the day progresses. Just follow the simple rule - "slide the front, stick the rear", and you will be fine. Get the rear end planted, and then slowly work towards increasing front grip to find a balance.
I set the F&R dampers on 1:2 ratio. Same oil in all, with 1 hole piston up front and 2 holes piston back rear; or same piston all round, with 60-F & 30-R... This permit me to run same tires on all corners. Very convenience when choosing tires!!

I do notice on dusty track, it spin out very very easily... So my latest RC inventories: 2 brooms(you can always find extra hands on track to chip in...) to swept the track....
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixer
Getting to be a little difficult finding spares now though.
The same thing happens here on the other end of earth...
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
I've been used to running my M04 with GP3300's and 2400NiCD packs with no issues.

Now that I have a lipo pack that's 130g lighter, does it work just as well, or do I need to add weight?

I'm running it on carpet in a month, but have no time to practice at the track till the event.. Just want to be prepared.
When I was running my M04 on NiMh's, I had the balance set perfectly. Switching to lipos required me to add weight to meet our 1200g minimum, so I added small amounts of lead to keep the original weight distribution that the car had with round cells. It was lighter overall, but with the same balance the handling characteristics weren't changed.