cheap batteries really do mean 'cheap'?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheap batteries really do mean 'cheap'?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default cheap batteries really do mean 'cheap'?

are radioshack batteries any good or are they just plain cheap?
Old 05-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have to say Radio Shack batteries ae great. I used the Radio Shack 2000s and an old Tekin BC charger in the 2000 HPI World Finals and got 4th place overall. They never dumped and had lots of punch. If you take good care of them, they'll be great. And also, they have a sale every now and then and they get as low as 14 bucks.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up YES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Why yes Radio Shack batteries are the best money can buy> Why thats all I run. They make my car super fast!! Thet are the one I used at the worlds in Japan back in 1942. So yes I would reccomend them highly. Save some money and dont buy those other packs from people like trinity , promatch, peak and the others they dont know a thing about performance of batteries
Old 05-26-2003, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Radio shack batteris aren't meant for the high amperage loads we place on our cells, inside th shrink wrap the cells ae incased in a cardboard sleeve. This causes them to retain much more hat than standard RC battries, an anyone knows that heat is the ultimate enemy of any battery. Also if you tea apart a batery stick pack assembled from any major RC company they use a 4 point spot weld on the internal bars, Radio shack batteries only use 2 points whch doesn't conduct the current very well...... That being said if you are racing a class like TL01, or are only running a stock RTR car for fun Radio shack batteris will do just fine...... They just won't last quite as long........

Just so you know Stormer hobbies has a deal where you get 4 3000 stick packs assembled by Racers Edge for $99, but they are out of stock.... they should be in stock soon!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: YES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Originally posted by SMACKMASTER
Why yes Radio Shack batteries are the best money can buy> Why thats all I run. They make my car super fast!! Thet are the one I used at the worlds in Japan back in 1942. So yes I would reccomend them highly. Save some money and dont buy those other packs from people like trinity , promatch, peak and the others they dont know a thing about performance of batteries
shoot yourself
Old 05-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: YES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Lol
Old 05-26-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: YES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Originally posted by GTMilenko
shoot yourself
TELL YA WHAT you suck on the end of a 12 gage first then I will consider it YA chump!!!!!
Old 05-26-2003, 03:18 PM

just wondering but are these batteries singal cells or are they packs

pictures????
Old 05-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

packs
Old 05-26-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

but if you are going to spend 20 bucks on radio shack 2000s get promatch's 3300 stick packs for 29.99

johnny
Old 05-26-2003, 03:22 PM

where can you get 3300's for that cheap thats crazy
Old 05-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

www.promatchracing.com
Old 05-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: YES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

TELL YA WHAT you suck on the end of a 12 gage first then I will consider it YA chump!!!!!
don't give up your day job funny guy!
whats a chump?
people think there so funny and smart, not everyone has been RCing for 10years, its like you have to believe the exact opposite
of what people say to get the answer.
this is R/C tech forums, not the stand up comedian forums.
i'm not a asshole, i just really think this is not the place to be joking around, this is an expensive hobby, too expensive for some one to believe you words! you have pm.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: YES THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Originally posted by GTMilenko
don't give up your day job funny guy!
whats a chump?(LOOK IN THE MIRROR)
people think there so funny and smart, not everyone has been RCing for 10years, its like you have to believe the exact opposite
of what people say to get the answer.
this is R/C tech forums, not the stand up comedian forums.
i'm not a asshole,NO WAIT I'AM AN ASS HOLE I LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND ( thats were all the assholes come from)i just really think this is not the place to be joking around, this is an expensive hobby, too expensive for some one to believe you words! you have pm.
I have noticed that almost every time you get on this site you try to make people think that you are the almighty and start crap with who ever..................... so just shut up
Old 05-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

ah the good old throw a insult or 2,
i have never said or implyed i'm almighty, go ahead and try and find a quote! quotes meen alot more when you don't change them too you know.
i'll be the first to admit i'm not that smart with RC and just a beginer in racing, but thats why i'm here, to learn, and i'm sure stoopidbstrd posted this thread to learn something too. so go ahead and get nasty and insult new zealand and new zealanders.
i don't care about my country or yours.
what makes me a chump? you don't even know what a chump is do you? so before you tell me to shut up? find out what your saying first!
if posts arn't ment to be taken seriously(eg, yours) then why are you so upset about mine?
try and make a intelligent reply, insulting someone is easy.
if you can't understand this let me know and we can just insult and tell each other to shut up like real idiots.
i take back telling you to shoot yourself, that was as stupid as you post.even though i wish you would

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.