R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   xxx-s poll (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/18784-xxx-s-poll.html)

xxx-satan 05-24-2003 07:15 PM

xxx-s poll

what would i get to make my xxx-s faster and better handling?

syntex1 05-24-2003 09:05 PM

a better driver! jk

Korey Harbke 05-24-2003 10:05 PM

It realy depends on the track. You could always try gettign an assortment of springs, oils, swaybars, caster blocks, rear hub carriers with different toe in, low roll center stuff. Most important, try and get a few sets of the fast tires at your track; Tires are about 90% of your setup. I fing that if you look at Team Losi's webpage, you can find setups from the pros that are very close to what I want in my car. Just a little fine tunning to my liking. I think if you spend more time on the car you will learn it's ups and downs and what it does when you do this or that. Just fiddle with it and take notes. This is the best tool you can ever have, knowledge of how to set a car up.

Oasis 05-25-2003 07:07 PM

Sell it now while it still has vaule and buy a Yokomo SD,It wont make your Losi any faster but you will turn faster lap times. ;)

psycho 05-25-2003 08:07 PM

xxxkat :lol: That's funny.

The most important thing to getting the car to handle better is to learn what the effect of each adjustment is on the car. I am still racing my XXX-S that I bought within the first month they were released (almost 2 years.) It is a great car. If you still think it's not competitive, ask Matt Francis or watch him race. Have a good assortment of tire/insert combinations available and pinion gears so you can gear for your motor and track and you can make the car competitive with any other chassis out there. It then comes down to driver skill and setup. Start off by learning how to gear the car for your track. The easiest way to do this is to watch where your speed tops out on the straightaway. You want it to top off just as you begin the turn at the end of the longest straight. If it tops off midway down the straight, increase the pinion size one tooth at a time until it tops out as you enter the turn. If it seems like it has more speed in it, reduce the pinion one tooth at a time until you top out at the end of the straight. If you gear your car that way, you will have all the speed your motor and battery can deliver. That should help you find more speed.

Oasis 05-25-2003 09:21 PM

I knew someone would find it funny.. :D I think any of the top touring cars can be made to be fast,you have to work with your car and get it to work the way you want it to,Their are quite a few things you can do to make your Losi faster,one is to free up your drive train,psycho hit it on gearing,corner speed is another one,The Losi is super adjustable so you can work on different set ups to carry more corner speed,faster corner speed = more speed on the straights,I like the one way on my xxxs,I never could get my xxxs to work the way I wanted it to with a diff in the front,and I do race on a tight track.You dont need any of the "trick" parts to get your xxxs fast,just work with it and it will be fast.One other thing if your xxxs is not a G-Plus replace the blue belt with the yellow belt and make sure your belt is not to tight or to loose,and dont give up on the xxxs they can be real fast.:nod:

M Ignacio 05-26-2003 06:57 PM

xxxkat, what's up man? Did you give up on the losi already? Switched to Yokomo? Stlnlst still running Losi?

Oasis 05-26-2003 09:32 PM

No I still have 2 real trick and fast XXXS,Stlnlst still runs a XXXS,But I do have 4 Yokomos and an X Ray..:lol:

STLNLST 05-27-2003 07:51 PM

LOSI baby!!!

M Ignacio 05-28-2003 11:29 AM

SSSWWWEEETTTT!!! Hey xxxkat and STLNLST, what did you put on your guy's xxx-s, i.e. screws, turnbuckles, ceramic bearings, etc.?

johnny55 05-28-2003 03:59 PM

losi or yok

Hey xxx, what car do you like more the losi or the new Yok.? Im thinking about getting one for 19 turn I have 2 tc3's now but want to try a new car. thanks.:tire: :tire:

Randy Caster 05-28-2003 09:10 PM

I did some research before I bought my touring car, and the MR-4TC SD seems to be the best new car on the market (besides the barracuda which seems really nice as well, just hard to get parts for) just built the drivetrain on my SD, and no belt drive car can ever achieve this... not even the TC3 can touch it, really free rolling.

Oasis 05-28-2003 10:49 PM

I like both cars,I have raced the Losi alot more,I just added 2 more touring cars,An Alex Barracuda and an x ray,I think the evo 3 is next on the list..:nod: