Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New motor 19T spec vs 15T

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New motor 19T spec vs 15T

I had a 3 year old 15 turn Team Orion Rush motor that has had it-not running well anymore...I want to look into a new motor. Went into the LHS and they didn't have much to choose from. I was talking to a guy there and he said I'd get more speed out of a 19T spec than a 15T and I was wondering if that is true... At any rate I need a new motor so could anybody recommend a decent motor with a good price? I just drive the car in my street, so nothing serious just a good motor. (Also it needs to ship to Canada) Thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

I believe it is Trinity who makes Speed Gem motors. They are modified motors( that come in different winds) that have good performance and speed for a low cost. If you are using the motor as something to just play around with, a Speed Jew would be a good choice.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by th3ha1og0d
I had a 3 year old 15 turn Team Orion Rush motor that has had it-not running well anymore...I want to look into a new motor. Went into the LHS and they didn't have much to choose from. I was talking to a guy there and he said I'd get more speed out of a 19T spec than a 15T and I was wondering if that is true... At any rate I need a new motor so could anybody recommend a decent motor with a good price? I just drive the car in my street, so nothing serious just a good motor. (Also it needs to ship to Canada) Thanks.
Your LHS is right on the money, today's brew of 19t motors are actually very high quality for the price and perform very well. At a few of the larger events last year drivers put runs down in 19t that were fast enough to make the mod a-main. No lack of speed there =)

Grabbing whatever is available locally would be a good move, with a little bit of maintenance you should be able to keep a 19t running well for quite some time. Great bang for the buck.

Take care,
Nick
Old 10-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would recommend an Orion... cause they last so much longer than most without needing a rebuild. I'm guessing... that they have a budget line with the same round brush setup. I think there is one that is similar to the Revolution but without the fancy alum endbell.. for like $35 or so.

A 15T would run with a spec19 if you crank the timing up like the spec...
Old 10-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glassdoctor
I would recommend an Orion... cause they last so much longer than most without needing a rebuild. I'm guessing... that they have a budget line with the same round brush setup. I think there is one that is similar to the Revolution but without the fancy alum endbell.. for like $35 or so.

A 15T would run with a spec19 if you crank the timing up like the spec...
Some Orion's are excellent, like the ones with the aluminum endbells, but I once owned an Orion Rush motor in it was the crapiest motor I have ever had. I am sure a good current 19T would be better than a 15T Rush.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samstheman2
If you are using the motor as something to just play around with, a Speed Jew would be a good choice.
Has anyone tried a Speed Christian yet? I'd like to know how it compares to the Speed Jew...
Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Has anyone tried a Speed Christian yet? I'd like to know how it compares to the Speed Jew...
I prefer Team Speed Agnostic. Awesome motors.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kn7671
I prefer Team Speed Agnostic. Awesome motors.

I have more belief in the team atheist motors, no claims or lies