Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Zapping Magnets?? >

Zapping Magnets??

Zapping Magnets??

Old 12-12-2001, 09:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Zapping Magnets??

Does anyone have schematics or the know how on how to do this. I have searched many of hours and can't find anything on how to build one. I've seen places selling them but for $1200+, I'm almost positive I can make one for less than $250. Anyway any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Michael
Old 12-12-2001, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Sorry I don't have any schematics or anything but if your search ends up with nothing I would strongly suggest looking at the Team 1 Magnet Zapper ($425.00). It is powerful enough to reverse the magnets in a motor which is what you want. Let me know if I can help. Good luck in your search.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

try here

http://secure400.automatedshops.com/...51101040935.e9
Old 12-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

i have integy's dcx 3000 battery zapper. supposedly, they are coming out w/ an adaptor to zap motor cans. it's due out around march, i think.

it's more of a maintenance zapper, so it doesn't have that industrial strength. but then again, it cost me only $129 and i have seen enough of a performance gain to merit the purchase. i think the motor attachment is going to sell for $89.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Some powerful zappers were made a couple of years ago by individuals here in Finland and they performed very well. Nevertheless they were not too cheap to make. The amount of copper coil that went in to it was enormous. I suggest that you buy one ready if you don't have a very cheap source for copper. It will be cheaper from the shop. Sorry, I don't have the drawings anymore. The last person I saw with the drawings was Jukka when he consulted me on this matter, and that's some time ago.
BR/ JesseT