Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poll: Tc3.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Poll: Tc3.....

If you just got a brand spanking new RTR TC3, list (in order) the first modifications you would install to improve speed and handling.

Here's a proposed set of mods I got from someone else.....

1. 26T pinion gear
2. Rally conversion kit
3. Install Reedy Kr motor
4. LRP F1 ESC
Old 05-22-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

1- 26T pinion

2- take the money you would spend on the F1 and get every pinion from 20-30

3- take the money you would spend on the ralley conversion and go to the track and practice, practice, practice

4- take the money you would spend on the KR and get 2 good stock motors and pay for your first day of racing

There ya go!!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

first things first take it apart and rebuild it yourself so you know how to when it breaks. oh and it will break
Old 05-22-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice suggestions. Thanks. Can you tell me the logic behind getting 2 stock motors. Which ones?
Old 05-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Get two Revenge of the Monster Stocks, Run one in the first heat, take it out and install the other one, while the one you already ran is out, clean and relube it, so it's ready to go after you run the second one.

AND GET A BRP FRONT BUMPER. Bud's bumper is larger and offers far greater protection from damage than the stock bumper does. It's one of the single best hop-ups I've seen for the new guys at my local track. It's one of those parts that sorta pays for itself if ya know what I mean!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

I am assuming you don't have a motor lathe, when one needs rebuilt you just switch the other in and then find someone to cut the comm on the worn motor without missing a round of racing or practice........

Trinity Monster Stock!!
Old 05-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Don't get the BRP bumper, get the RPM one, it looks alot cleaner/better and protect just as well!!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:26 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

I think the BRP bumper offers way more protection than the RPM. RPM looks a little better but I would rather have an ugly car that still runs than a broken pretty one.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

1. RPM bumper
2. Threaded shocks
3. A good set of tires
4. Good stock motor (p2k2, mvp, monster, etc)
4. Upgrade your electronics as you get better.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by CGR
I think the BRP bumper offers way more protection than the RPM. RPM looks a little better but I would rather have an ugly car that still runs than a broken pretty one.
And the key phrase here is "I THINK", I personnally know it doesn't ..... the BRP bumper is much more flexable and needs to be replaced as it gets ent all out f shape......
Old 05-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Actually, if you drill a hole in the center of the Bud's bumper, put an aluminum stand-off on the bumper and then thread a ball end into the top of the diffcase, where there's already a nice convenient hole, you'll have a bumper that doesn't deform, and doesn't break like the RPM bumper. That whole set-up also weighs less than the RPM bumper, and I'm certain the Bud's bumper provides better protection for the front-end, my father has tried both and the RPM bumper is just quite simply not as good.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Or you could buy the BRP bumper, the take it to a metal fabrication shop..... have them make you an exact copy out of it out of 1/2" steel..... it might look a little better........

I have owned both, I never had any problems with the RPM part...... and it does come with a no breakage guarantee......
Old 05-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol if you guys are breaking the rpm bumper, no offense but i think you need to improve your driving skills. ive had mind for 4 months of racing, at one point it did bend down a bit, but i heated it over the stove and bend it back perfectly. If only if i had mine when i started racing it would save me soo much more money
Old 05-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

i dont see how the buds bumper could offer any more protection then the rpm one. they are both pretty much made to the same demensions. the brp one will bend and crack over time as was mentioned and imo the rpm one is a much more solid piece as well as looking alot cleaner as was stated.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

I guess I should elaborate on where the crappy RPM bumper breaks...... any where it's been flexed. My father's driving skills are not quite Worlds caliber, but when an idiot driving a Losi with a 9 turn is driving backwards down the straight and uses the front of your car as a brake, your bumper needs to be pretty tough. That's what broke Dad's bumper, he switched to the bud's bumper with the trick described above, and has not had a problem since. The Bud's bumper also supports the foam bumpers better.

But hey, it's cool, go for the RPM bumper if you wish. Just for God's sake buy the black one. The blue one looks like it belongs on a Tyco car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.