R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Coverage of 2007 i-hobby show (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/187038-coverage-2007-i-hobby-show.html)

Team Lotus 10-20-2007 01:35 PM

Coverage of 2007 i-hobby show

Does anyone know why there is no coverage, pics, etc. of the i-hobby show in Chicago anywhere on the web?!!!
Usually somone on this site or over on the RC Car Action forum has info and pics from the show; but I am finding NOTHING!!!!:mad:
Is no one bothering to go this year and cover it?!!!:confused:

PitNamedGordie 10-20-2007 04:25 PM

I just got back from the show. Sorry I didn't take any pics. I am sure someone will be posting some pics soon.

futureal 10-20-2007 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Team Lotus (Post 3783991)
Does anyone know why there is no coverage, pics, etc. of the i-hobby show in Chicago anywhere on the web?!!!
Usually somone on this site or over on the RC Car Action forum has info and pics from the show; but I am finding NOTHING!!!!:mad:
Is no one bothering to go this year and cover it?!!!:confused:

As I posted in the other thread:

Unfortunately we're a rather small operation here, meaning it's difficult for us to travel to provide coverage of everything that's going on. I know I had done it in the past, but eventually it overwhelmed me.

Most of the major magazines (XRC, for example) are there and you will see coverage in future issues. As for RCCA, I believe they are trying to promote their own show, RCX, as the "premiere" hobby show, which means their support for iHobby is not what it used to be.

RCGaryK 10-20-2007 04:57 PM

There is stuff up on Horizon's site now with video coverage coming early next week.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1722

Nexus 10-20-2007 05:49 PM

I would go again...

Sure some other companies were not in attendance but there was a ton of cool stuff to see.

I will say the owner and reps of Tekin was super friendly and really intelligent. My buddy who design 1:1 electric car systems had a conversation with him and was very impressed. They had the R1 Brushed/BL on display and noted it wouldn't be long before they hit stores.

MaxAmps and Kokam reps were nice to talk to as well.

They have a RCP track that different manufacturers are running their cars, a flying area for foamies and small planes, some enclosed heli flying thing, a small offroad track. If you are like me and just like toys in general...not sure TC RC stuff it's worth the money.

Heck you could at least play with the Airsoft guns :)

PitNamedGordie 10-20-2007 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nexus (Post 3784380)
I would go again...

Sure some other companies were not in attendance but there was a ton of cool stuff to see.

I will say the owner and reps of Tekin was super friendly and really intelligent. My buddy who design 1:1 electric car systems had a conversation with him and was very impressed. They had the R1 Brushed/BL on display and noted it wouldn't be long before they hit stores.

MaxAmps and Kokam reps were nice to talk to as well.

They have a RCP track that different manufacturers are running their cars, a flying area for foamies and small planes, some enclosed heli flying thing, a small offroad track. If you are like me and just like toys in general...not sure TC RC stuff it's worth the money.

Heck you could at least play with the Airsoft guns :)

:eek::( I didn't see the Tekin booth. Oh well I hope to own an R1 soon.

mac853 10-21-2007 11:11 AM

Somebody in I hobby saw DX3R?

mrrcguy 10-21-2007 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 3785990)
Somebody in I hobby saw DX3R?

Yeah I saw the dx3r. Held it too. It looks better in "person" than in the pics, but to me it felt goofy. I hated the grip and trigger positions. Tha'ts just my opinion though, I'm sure some people will love the feel of it.

I also held the new Futaba 4PK. It was the only prototype currently on the plannet, said the dude gaurding the glass case containing it. Now that, is one very comfotable radio! And its light too. 1/2 pound lighter than a 3pk!

mrrcguy 10-21-2007 06:23 PM

4Pk

1 Attachment(s)
4PK