Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ?? >

Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ??

Ok guys please dont just read and ignore....i need some help here:

Need to choose a ride for the winter season (indoor carpet) but at the same time i want a car thats gonna be awesome on asphault come Summer time? I know with most care you have to do a chassis swap to accomodate fro high - low traction surfaces ....

which one would you recomend?? keeping in mind i dont want a car thats gonna release a new model (non upgradeable) every year "xray hint hint" lol but you get the point i want my money spent to be worth something.

please give me your take and why thanx guys
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You pretty much limited yourself to the TC5, which is fine, go out and buy it.

On the gripping hand, I (and many other people) have an old model Xray that is more capable than I am. With the result that even though its old, I'm not losing anything compared to guys that also suck that are driving newer cars.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'd go w/ the Serpent S400. They have carpet and 5 cell chassis available and have spares and option parts. The car is really good from the start. It works and is great on asphalt, too..very easy to build and simple to set up. Comes w/ everything you need to be race ready in the kit and really good support.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mgn4life
Ok guys please dont just read and ignore....i need some help here:

Need to choose a ride for the winter season (indoor carpet) but at the same time i want a car thats gonna be awesome on asphault come Summer time? I know with most care you have to do a chassis swap to accomodate fro high - low traction surfaces ....

which one would you recomend?? keeping in mind i dont want a car thats gonna release a new model (non upgradeable) every year "xray hint hint" lol but you get the point i want my money spent to be worth something.

please give me your take and why thanx guys

Before someone jumps in your ass about a "thread like this every week". You should just read through the the post about the perticlar cars, and take input that way. You will get a bunch of biased answers (in this thread), because of the cars people own. I got a TC5 and dont really care for it (Xray spoiled me). Hot bodies is a well made car as well. Any of the cars you mentioned will be highly cometitive though. Make a desision based on what YOU NEED! Good luck!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hot bodies

With the Hot bodies cyclone moore speed edition do i have to change the chassis for carpet?? or is it good to go for rubber tire stock (carpet)
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

With the Hot bodies cyclone moore speed edition do i have to change the chassis for carpet?? or is it good to go for rubber tire stock (carpet)
You dont have to- Hara has raced witht eh stock 2.5mm chassis and done well on carpet...but most "good" drivers use the BMI Cyclone carpet chassis here in the US...you can find out more on the Cyclone thread about it.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You dont need a thicker chassis as long as you are running rubber tires.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:04 AM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use my andy WCE cyclone for both carpet and ashalt manly asphalt set up and dont change set up at all..
I like my WCE so much i bought the company,,,nar but i did buy a second one.

once you put in a yokomo diff thrust washer set up , your

Hard to get the BMI chassie here in aus tho. I still want one. just use the 3 racing upperdeck.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default E4 TEAM MAGIC

the e4 looks so sexy!!! .... omg..its so thin such a low center of gravity looks promsing but so did the m1b ... is thee4 another case of something new but doesnt really work.....HOW IS THE E4?? reviews anyone here bads goods about it?? i treally think im gonna go e4
Old 10-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Suspended

Buy the same kind of car I use, because:

A. I'm sponsored by them, and I have to promote their product

or

B. I'm not sponsored, but I would like to be. Promoting their product and getting you to buy one will help me with this cause.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool hmmm

didnt really help my previous question
Old 10-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default bumb

bump
Old 10-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Seriously....go to the shop/ track where your going to run and take a good look at the parts selection...see what they carry. Then buy a car that is supported for replacements...The vast majority of folks racing are there to have FUN....the cars today are very close and driver ability is more of a factor in winning. Get what you can afford to race and repair and ENJOY the Ride.......
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

if your running asphalt and then carpeet rubber i saw go with the cyclone. that car was built to dominate on both surfaces. i have a cyclone, xray US and EU. i run the US for foam but i still run my cyclone on rubber tires on high grip carpet with the stock chassis just fine. in fact i have even seen hara run the thin option chassis 2mm on the pro4 back in the day on carpet. i running my cyclone now on high grip carpet and it is dialed. i have never driven a car this hooked up before on rubber. when i tested my EU on carpet rubber is was very fast as well and a bit more consistant but the cyclone i could bang out a faster lap. and on asphalt the cyclone was built to thrive on you cant go wrong. i have seen a tc5 do very well on both surfaces as well. my xray have just proven to be a bit more durable then my cyclone.

really with the cyclone, tc5, and xray EU you will have a car that will preform great on both surfaces on rubber tires without having to change chassis.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't forget the TRF416....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.