Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ?? >

Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cyclone Moor Speed + TC5 + E4 + Corally + 008 ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TRF 416 and 008 aren't even out yet so no one will be able to answer your questions as of yet. Factory driver's don't count as they don't crash as much as us regular racers so the weak points of the cars aren't usually found out until they are in our hands. Get what ever has good part support at your LHS.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Schumacher has a solid car also..but parts will not be as affordable as with the TC5 or Losi..everyone in the world has an xray and most hobby shops have parts.

my choice of american cars would be the losi..the TC5 is just a FKO5 minus the durability and finish..but its really cheap!

of foreign cars it would be the MI3 or 008
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I had a TC5, liked it, did ok racing it. Unfortunately, it was not easy to drive fast on a Carpet track using Foam tires, for me...

To comment on the XRay statement, just because XRay has chosen to release several T2 models over the last 4-years, it does not mean you have to go buy the new model each year. XRay's get better each time, but not so much that the last instantly becomes worthless. Think of what XRay does as like that of Porsche. Each new TC release is an evolution on the previous, not a complete redesign with revolutionary changes.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Get the Cyclone. It's a great car, and you won't go broke buying parts.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Get the one that has the best local support for parts. Nothing is worse than having your own private hobby shop cause you have to stock you own parts.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcarmchl
Get the one that has the best local support for parts. Nothing is worse than having your own private hobby shop cause you have to stock you own parts.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default which car?

I have recently had Corally RDX, Losi Type R, Cyclone, TC5 and X-Ray. I think the easiest to tune and most forgiving is the Losi Type R followed closley by the RDX.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fastforward
I have recently had Corally RDX, Losi Type R, Cyclone, TC5 and X-Ray. I think the easiest to tune and most forgiving is the Losi Type R followed closley by the RDX.
could you complete your list from best to worse? Furthermore, could you give us a little more description on what you liked and disliked about your cars? Thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

I run a 007 US edition with the Euro top plate. I can run it on asphalt, carpet with foam, or carpet with rubber all pretty competitively. I don't have the budget to have dedicated indoor/asphalt cars, but I make it work

With enough practice and testing though, any of the cars that you have mentioned will perform well in your given situation. I say go with whatever is popular in your area and whatever your LHS stocks.

Good luck!