Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thinking about getting into brushless, questions about 13.5 setups... >

Thinking about getting into brushless, questions about 13.5 setups...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thinking about getting into brushless, questions about 13.5 setups...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Exclamation Thinking about getting into brushless, questions about 13.5 setups...

so i love racing stock 27turn. I hate motor maintenance and would rather focus on gearing/car maintanance....

been holding out a long time, but i think its about the right time to switch to brushless. My motor has no power because i dont have any access, even through friends, to a lathe and dont want to waste a pair of brushes running them on a worn comm...and im pretty much tired of that. Brushless is the way to go for me, and its also more cost effective at least. So, a few questions...

1. I took interest in the XBR 13.5 EX BL system...how is it compared to the GTB+13.5 Pro? I ask this because i know what the differences (on paper) are but im really concerned about torque. I dont want too much torque because if i try to get rid of it by gearing higher, then i have to deal with motor heat issues and such...or do these motors not have that problem even when geared tall to dial out extra torque? This is gonna be for offroad, then i want a second system for onroad...and again...not too much torque because spinning out or breaking traction is lame....especially on dirt.

2. How are these systems on pretty good matched 6cell packs?

3. Do these systems add weight, keep the same weight, or reduce it a little?

The cars in question that the systems will be going on are a B4 and TC3.

Any help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

btw these caught my attention greatly...

i dont plan to run lipos anytime soon by the way.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...0.7521.0.0.0.0
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...0.7521.0.0.0.0

subtotal is $180. My jaw dropped. I have an RMF cyclone Tc2 and its been AWESOME so this really got me going, though i can probably get a 13.5 motor used for less than $60....but that only makes the deal nicer....

so in addition to my original post....what do you all think?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
so i love racing stock 27turn. I hate motor maintenance and would rather focus on gearing/car maintanance....

been holding out a long time, but i think its about the right time to switch to brushless. My motor has no power because i dont have any access, even through friends, to a lathe and dont want to waste a pair of brushes running them on a worn comm...and im pretty much tired of that. Brushless is the way to go for me, and its also more cost effective at least. So, a few questions...

1. I took interest in the XBR 13.5 EX BL system...how is it compared to the GTB+13.5 Pro? I ask this because i know what the differences (on paper) are but im really concerned about torque. I dont want too much torque because if i try to get rid of it by gearing higher, then i have to deal with motor heat issues and such...or do these motors not have that problem even when geared tall to dial out extra torque? This is gonna be for offroad, then i want a second system for onroad...and again...not too much torque because spinning out or breaking traction is lame....especially on dirt.

2. How are these systems on pretty good matched 6cell packs?

3. Do these systems add weight, keep the same weight, or reduce it a little?

The cars in question that the systems will be going on are a B4 and TC3.

Any help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

1) the XBR will come off the track hotter than the other system (no fan and boded rotor). Still OK to use, dont get me wrong. The gearing is a lot more forgiving w/ a 13.5, then say a stock 27T. You wont be spinning out, unless you have a heavy finger.

2)Works Awesome

3) alittle weight will be added (just look at all that wire

You wil be fine in either car or buggy.

Good luck