Community
Wiki Posts
Search

to all pro or just sponsered drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default to all pro or just sponsered drivers

I would like to know how you got this far. could you have only gotten sponsored because you had alot of turnouts for where you raced or was it you were just good? please tell me how you got to where you are now.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well to keep it simple, you are normally good at racing, and can place well at different events. It also is a good idea to help with newer racers, and to be easy to approach for just chatting, or for help. It also is a good thing to keep your cars in good shape so they perform better at the track, and it shows that you take care of your equipment. For one final thing, you should have fun and not worry about sponsors right away, as RC racing should be fun above everything else.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mostly by being four things:

1) FAST. Give a sponsored driver your car and he/she will go at least 1 sec/lap quicker than you have ever gone with it.

2) APPROACHABLE. Willing, almost eager, to give advice to other racers in order to improve their driving and/or setup.

3) POLITE. The sponsored racer will never be seen having a hissy fit, whinging, or hacking during races. They will also be well-spoken and be able to push their sponsor's product at the slightest opportunity

4) COOL. No matter the pressure, the sponsored driver will mostly be able to perform well at big races against other quick racers.

Do all of that consistently, and you too will become sponsored.

NOTE: I am not sponsored and will never be quick enough to warrant it.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Be consistently fast at every track you go to,represent you companies in a positive way,NEVER yell at turn marshalls/racers who hack/peel you.dont bad mouth your equipment when you have a bad day,Travel to out of state races and do well.and be friendly to other racers

I cant speak for all sponsored drivers,but if I see someone with a schumacher having trouble,I'll grab there car and start wrenchin on it
Old 10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

most people only become sponsored by hobby shops.

so try hang around your local hobby shop like a bad smell for a few months. go on internet forums and promote them even though they are no better than the other competitors.

go on the commercial forum and latch onto one of them.

p.s being able to spell sponsored really helps also
Old 10-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I agree with what the first three guys say.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Be "that-guy".....but in a really good way
Old 10-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Good suggestions so far, but you have to know how to network also. Use your personality to sell yourself and work with the people that you want to sponsored you. Some people are very talkative and friendly to get what they want, others can be just a bit on the annoying side and also get what they want just because of 'nag factor' - you have to know what the difference is and when you are starting to be annoying. It's a fuzzy line though - some annoying people are just annoying because they prefer to concentrate more on their hobby skills rather than their people skills, so if you're pretty damn good people will overlook your personal faults for a while.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:35 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

You don't have to alwaysbe a great racer. I seen guys who are sponsored but can't drive a lick but they are constantly promoting the sponsors products and helping others out. When your sponsored you are not just racing but selling yourself to others to use products you use because your a nice person that is willing to help others.

Some people are just great salesman and promotors and some a great racers, some are the guys that everyone loves to hang out with at the track and some are just the funny guy everyone likes. Many reasons that fellow racers can be sponsored.

Longevity can also be a reason because if you been around racing a long time more than likley you know alot of other racers and as mentioned you have a huge network of people you know and show products to.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Didn't I read this topic last week??? The search button is your friend....
Old 10-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

i guess it all different in uk , this is how my friend and i got sponsored ..

Turn up to a HS Race everyweek , show that you wonte demand stuff other than wheeles and stuff like that , basicly uneed a good car and skill to be sponsored ...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Elite-Driver
i guess it all different in uk , this is how my friend and i got sponsored ..

Turn up to a HS Race everyweek , show that you wonte demand stuff other than wheeles and stuff like that , basicly uneed a good car and skill to be sponsored ...
Won't demand stuff other than wheels and stuff like that I hope your current sponsor doesn't read this. You don't demand anything, you are offered parts at reduced prices and maybe the odd freebie.
I've read your Blog and I think you really need a reality check.
Just being "good" at your local HS meetings doesn't mean squat. When you're making A and B mains at National level regularly for a few seasons and can prove it, have a likeable personality and are prepared to help others whenever or however you can, then you might just get someone interested in you.
But just remember there are hundreds of other guys out there all looking for the same deal, so don't be surprised if you aren't lucky.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sponsored by Dad doesn't count.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonrg
Won't demand stuff other than wheels and stuff like that I hope your current sponsor doesn't read this. You don't demand anything, you are offered parts at reduced prices and maybe the odd freebie.
Just being "good" at your local HS meetings doesn't mean squat. When you're making A and B mains at National level regularly for a few seasons and can prove it, have a likeable personality and are prepared to help others whenever or however you can, then you might just get someone interested in you.
But just remember there are hundreds of other guys out there all looking for the same deal, so don't be surprised if you aren't lucky.
ok , well im no whee near internation / nation , and my sponsor's say if u need anything then let us know . so its not demanding its basicly a privalige i have ..

and secondly my blog is no where near uptodate atm ..
Old 10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonrg

ok blog is up-to-date now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.