R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Mike Boylan @ the IIC...is something in the works? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/184589-mike-boylan-%40-iic-something-works.html)

Ass Toot 10-05-2007 08:56 AM

Mike Boylan @ the IIC...is something in the works?

Found it curious to see Mr. Boylan attending the IIC as merely a "spectator". Awfully long way to go simply to watch for a day or two.

Could there be something in the works between he and Scotty? Racing series? New racing organization?

Thoughts?

McSmooth 10-05-2007 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ass Toot (Post 3736448)
New racing organization?

One can only hope.

turbodog 10-05-2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ass Toot (Post 3736448)
Found it curious to see Mr. Boylan attending the IIC as merely a "spectator". Awfully long way to go simply to watch for a day or two.

Even longer way to go twice!!:eek: Sorry Mike, but that was a good one, but look at the bright side......more miles.

SWTour 10-05-2007 09:47 AM

Good race promoters/directors are always willing to look at what OTHERS are doing when successful.

Mike is NO dummy - he's got the #1 race in the WORLD, but does that mean it can't be better?

RC Scoring Pro 10-05-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by SWTour (Post 3736607)
Good race promoters/directors are always willing to look at what OTHERS are doing when successful.

Mike is NO dummy - he's got the #1 race in the WORLD, but does that mean it can't be better?

Both events are great. Scotty and Mike are friends.

Just curious - but when you say Snowbirds is the #1 race in the world, what are you basing that on ?

convikt 10-05-2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro (Post 3736915)
Both events are great. Scotty and Mike are friends.

Just curious - but when you say Snowbirds is the #1 race in the world, what are you basing that on ?

probably by attendance (eventhough its on road and oval ;))

wallstreet 10-05-2007 02:23 PM

A racing organization or national points series (system) would be great !

RCThunder 10-05-2007 09:41 PM

HAHA wow I was kinda surprised to see this one... Scotty and I are friends and talk quite a bit. I wanted to go hang out and watch some great racing at a great event! Had a lot of Florida racers there to cheer on too!! Had an awesome time - and the IIC was fantastic to say the least.

MOTHER FOCAR 10-06-2007 02:27 PM

the birds is the largest r/c event in the world. numbers do not lie.

johnnywhopper 10-06-2007 06:14 PM

BRING BACK THE U.S. TRIPLE CROWN!!!

Make it 4 races instead of 5. 1 drop, best 3 scores.

Vegas, Cleveland, Birds, and 1 other race.....to be run at a different track from year to year. ie - The Gate, CEFX, lots of other tracks too with the facility and ability to have a big race. Maybe the Nats? (travels anyway, instead of adding another big race to the season)

just an idea.

The triple crown used to be huge. lots of prestige. wonder why it went away? might be worth looking into.

Desolas 10-06-2007 08:04 PM

He was there for the Burger King convention ... the IIC was just incidental.

davepull 10-06-2007 11:26 PM

I have to applaud Mike Boylan for going to Vegas. looks like he wanted to see what was the buzz and how he could use that that also make the snowbirds better. in the end I don't think this is a snowbirds vs vegas issue but a how to make a big race better thing. with Mike and Scotty working together all that can come out of it is the best races.

smyka 10-07-2007 06:07 AM

ok i will let everyone know the truth mike came to vegas to see me he cant handle going a full year with out seeing me. any one think he wanted to visit friends and hell it is vegas reason alone

and dave are you going to keep it in your pants this year if so we might let you pit by us

SWTour 10-07-2007 12:29 PM

Doug,

I think based on total NUMBERS, Marketing...and the fact that the SNOWBIRDS receives so much attention world wide...it HAS to be billed as the #1 race in the world.

There are other races that generate WORLDWIDE interest, but Boylan's event draws the most attention from the widest variety of racers...both in attendance..and those who are WATCHING from a distance on who's there. (I think their video coverage last year helps prove that)

...this year with the change in venue to a better hotel...I think you'll hear more POSITIVE comments about the 'Birds' than ever before.

(NOTE: These are my personal beliefs and opinions. I have not attended a SNOWBIRDS, nor a IIC event, nor do I plan too anytime soon....BUT I do follow both)

Josh Hohnstein 10-07-2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by SWTour (Post 3736607)

If you have not attended either race how can you say one is better than the other??

My idea of the best race in the world does not include racing at 4:00 in the morning.

But if I were to attend a race that wasn't oversold and racing finished at lets say 6:00 to 8:00 pm and left me time to do other things, combined with seeing some of the best racing in the world, run by the best crew in the business........tough decision:rolleyes:

In my book Vegas has snowbirds covered...........no question