Wiki Posts
Search

Lap counting system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 12:37 AM
hoj
Tech Rookie

Lap counting system?

Is Orion pro lap counting system only personal timing system available? Isn’t there any other?

Last edited by hoj; 05-15-2003 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

you can buy your self a full transponder system if you like

as far as i know the pro LCS is the best and only one arround only problem i heard of was them getting hit by having them at the edge of the track
Old 05-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Orion' system is the same as Alex Racing's Hakarunjer, instead of having Team Orion written, it is Hakarunjer...

http://www.alex.ne.jp/rc/top/rc.html

I think Hakarunjer system is available in different colors
Old 05-15-2003, 04:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Same principal of using IR has the orion system......but can measure up to 10 cars in a race situation!!

http://www.squat.co.jp/jackhummer/jack-e.htm

I've just bought one with a few friends...haven't had chance to try out on the track yet.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:35 PM
hoj
Tech Rookie

Thanks for great info; especially above “Lap Wizard” seems to be good tool. But I have to say, that I’m surprised that there are really no others if AMB is not counted.

Any idea how to get “Lap Wizard” from Europe?
Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

thoes things are awsome..
Old 05-16-2003, 07:45 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

As far as I know...Squat is a pretty small company. I guess you could buy from them direct, I had to get mine from Japan because you cannot buy in Hong Kong!
Old 05-18-2003, 12:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Lap Wizard

Well we tried out the Lap wizard yesterday..unfortunately rain got the better of us and only managed to test a few packs.

For the sensor mount on the car it is best to mount as high as possible...almost to the roof line!

In personal mode (ie 1 car) it behaves very much like the Orion. ie. the clock starts when you first pass the sensor, or you can start the clock with a button.

The small black sensor box was mounted about 6 inches off the ground and seemed to be happy there. Because there is a wire feed to the display module you can pick this up and read (or play) when the cars are running.

For race, we only managed to try out 2 cars at a time...rain stopped play! However, managed to find out that if 2 cars are running side by side as they cross the sensor..you will get no reading (not a surprise since it is IR). However, even if the 2 cars are head to toe as they cross the sensor, then it will pick up both signals.

If there is another car not running a sensor that gets in the way of a sensor car then it will still pick up a signal.

Overall the unit was very consistent...once you played around with the car sensor positioning and where to put the sensor on the track.

Pretty impressive bit of kit....for 1/10th of the price of the AMB....although it is not really comparing apples with apples!!

Last edited by dtm; 05-18-2003 at 07:15 AM.