Wiki Posts
Search

newb setup ?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default newb setup ?s

So here's the deal, it's been about 10 years since I've messed with rc cars and I really want to get into on road electric racing. I'm looking at a TC4 factory team but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use the radio that I need... some sort of 2 stick (quadriplegic, very little finger use).
Also, any suggestions as far as motors and ESC combos would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You can use a stick radio with the car. Their are some top racers that use a stick radio. I think Ko Propo and Futaba make stick radios for r/c cars.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

i like the tbang motors. www.t-bang.ca novak makes some good esc's. the GTS would be good and not too expensive.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hmm tc4 , id say go for it my mate has tc3 and he reali enoys it , he says everything can be set to what i want and so on .. so god knows what the tc5 will be like but im guessing its goona be good .... go for it is what i say and sticks ftw
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

One local racer was essentially in the same situation you are -- he was in a wheel chair, and had very, very limited use of his arms, and essentially no use of his fingers...

He had someone rig up a ONE-Stick radio (worked exactly like a computer joystick) with a small cradle on top of the "stick", with the radio on a base to rest either on his lap or on a shelf on the arm of the wheelchair.

With that setup, he was able to race NITRO and ELECTRIC vehicles ranging from touring cars to a T-Maxx...

Get a good "pit crew" and GO FOR IT!

Good Luck!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I you can I would spend a little extra and go for a brushless system to make less maintance.If you can't then Axiom as some awsome motors with lots of power and thay are great to work with.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the input and advice... btw, anyone know of any stores online w/ esc and brushless combos? do the factory team tc4s come assembled? i know the electronics need to go in, but what about everything else?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Since you asked about pre-assembled, I wanted to mention one possiblity that I hope will be taken in the right spirit... LOSI offers their XXX-S sedan in a ready-to-run version with a Novak brushless combo -- I only mention it because it offers both pre-assembled and brushless in one package... I do race LOSI vehicles (I'm NOT sponsored or anything) and I admit that I'm not impartial. I've run the XXX-S chassis for everything from Stock sedan to Mod sedan -- I even have one converted into a dirt oval late model... On the other hand, Associated makes excellent quality racing equipment, so go with the vehicle you like the best.

Also -- this is a hobby filled with great people. I would bet money that a local racer would assemble a kit for you if necessary -- and that he or she would do it just for the fun of it and to help another racer get back into the hobby.