Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TT01 Upgrade parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default TT01 Upgrade parts

Hey all I am purchasing some hop up parts tonight from rcmart.com for my tt01 chassis.

I am going to get the following:

aluminum motor heatsync
new radial tires with grip
new battery
new gearing

About the gearing, what would a good setup be? I am currently running a 20 tooth pinion with the 61 tooth spur but I want more top speed, so what would be a good pinion/spur setup to go with that will give me noticeably more top speed? thanks alot.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If I were you, go all out. You can buy the 55 and 58 spur gears in one pack, and get the 24 and 25 pinion gears. (numbers are number of teeth).

That way, you can switch between the two spur gears and pinion gears to get the top speed/ acceleration to what you want. Like I tell everyone, anything like this takes experimentation to get the setup you want.

If you have enough money, I would buy a good pro stock motor such as the Co-27 pro stock motor. These still run on stock ESCs but have tremendous power and speed.

What do you have already?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

better get the aluminum propeller shaft as well if your changing your gearing the plastic one tends to wobble a lot on high speeds,,, don't forget the ball bearings too!!! goodluck!
Old 09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

a "aluminum steering link and a good servo" for smooth cornerring
adjustable upper arms if you have spare budget
happy
Old 09-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default best servo

my freind question and for my knowledge too!
she is using futaba 2pl fm with the cheapest servo in town
what is best brand and model of servo that you can recomended for her?
thank you in advance
Old 09-30-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

not sure about brand but i would suggest a servo with metal gears you can pick one up for about $45 aud less in us dollars but the best way to pick up servos sometimes can be to get them bundled with a semi decent transmitter they start at 60 bucks or less at that price not realy worth looking at but can get up into the mid 200's.

im running the tt01 d spec which includes the adjustable a arms motor heat sink and ball bearings

ball bearing are a must so get them cheap to depending on where you buy them titanium or metal ball nuckles are also a must i've found my plastics ones are eating eachother thank god for grease. the a arms are realy only a spoof factor good for that added adjustability but becarefull how you set them your dogbones might start rattlin or popin out. heat sink is ok but not a must i've found inside a closed shell like electrics usualy are it makes little difference. battery go with atleast a 3000 4200's are beter look for quality and that magic large number they take longer to charge but they're worth it
Old 09-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

I currently have a 15 turn limit ESC paired with a 15 turn Orion Rush motor so I wanted to get the most out of that motor with new gearing.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys, I'm new in this Hobby . I want to ask an advise regarding the receiver that came with the Futuba 2PL-FM. The receiver came with a separate battery holster that has 4pcs AA Battery (Total of 4.8V). I just want to ask if I can just plug in the power output for the receiver from a stock tamiya ESC (The one that came with the TT01D) or do I really need to use that holster that came with the 2PL-FM . I'm not sure what is the voltage output for the receiver if it 4.8V or what. Thanks Guys
Old 09-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

all honesty if u plan or racing save ya money.
sure buy new packs (anything with east power or intellect batteries) these u can re solder for a new chassis but i dunno bout ur track but at mine anything less than an rdx or mi2 and your kinda pushing your luck to win,
so if u plan to race batteries tires and a 2nd hand chassis.
drifting on the other hand as far as i know there guys like a rear spool(lock the diff) and either a front spool or oneway then adjustable upper arms and steering links. they dont really go all out like racers.
but the most important things are batteries tires and motor tire are prob the most important. so make sure u got these right before u buy that flash radio servo or charger, trust me a $400 is really no use to u when u have no grip