Team Serpent 1:12 Car???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Serpent 1:12 Car???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

oh gee look ....its a original idea! tee bar car with associated type front end.

Boring............................................ .................................................. ....................................

if thats the best they can do then don't bother. I mean hech they can design a touring car, source out manufacturing needs but can't design a car with a fresh look. so sad..
Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cookie1
oh gee look ....its a original idea! tee bar car with associated type front end.

Boring............................................ .................................................. ....................................

if thats the best they can do then don't bother. I mean hech they can design a touring car, source out manufacturing needs but can't design a car with a fresh look. so sad..
Well if you don't like it DON'T buy one!!!!!!!! Hyperdrive doesn't make a touring car. They do make a oval conversion for a corallly.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there was no serpent 12th scale car at vegas.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ah... were you the idiot who suggested the 6-wheel Tyrrell to Ken?... or tried to run a front-wheel drive Touring Car against the rear-drive BMWs... or took your precious Indy Car franchise and ran a front-engine car in it?

Since this design has won every World Champs since 1982, and the current World Champ isn't Associated, but used the same layout, why would anyone who wants to sell a 12th car use any other layout? I guess your ride isn't the same layout as everyone else's ride in whatever class you run...?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Leave it to Cookie to stir the pot.

Cookie, will we be seeing you at the races this winter?

later
Dayton
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Oh gee look....what an original thought! Another usless post bashing someone else's hard work.

Boring....................
Old 10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Since this design has won every World Champs since 1982, and the current World Champ isn't Associated, but used the same layout, why would anyone who wants to sell a 12th car use any other layout?
Well, I agree with you in general, but deviating designs have been succesfull in the past. Personally I loved the Corally SP12V which did not have a T-bar and used a front-beam setup. And what about the Corally SP12G2 with which David Spashett won the worlds in 1994. Yes, it did have a T-bar but of different design to the AE one and it also use a front-beam.

While we can safely say the AE design has been the most succesfull by far that does not mean other designs cannot be succesfull. To be better than the rest you need to be different, otherwise the best you can do is be just as fast. But then changing details tend to have big effects on the track, especially in 12th scale pan cars.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Perplex
I'm quite sure Markus Mobers from Germany is driving the 12th Serpent prototype, maybe with some other company's parts on it?

Jo
the quote below is from the Serpent site

In 1/12th scale, the prototype of Markus Mobers was good in his last qualifier, having finally found the reason why the car was traction rolling in previous runs. But due to a minor heat, resulting from three bad qualifiers, he could only qualify in the B-final 4 seconds away from the main final. Testing with the all-new car will continue, and we will keep you up-to-date with progress!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Addict

A reply from Markus Mobers on a UK forum

can't wait
Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
A reply from Markus Mobers on a UK forum

can't wait
December?? Which December? 2007 or 2008?
E
Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EricF
December?? Which December? 2007 or 2008?
E
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcpoint

true

that's what he says in another post on the link above
Old 10-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Just in time for Xmas

I'm hearing whispers it may be very similar to the FF RC Concepts and Carpet Ripper ’07 Time will tell
Old 10-31-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Totally wrong whispers guys!
Wait and see, than love it ;-)
Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

A guy at my nitro club is getting one in the next couple of weeks, so the cars are already designed by the sound of things. He is a serpent dealer and surely in the know on the new 1/12th scale. When I see it I will snap some pics for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.