R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #14686
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak

angry....the pro3 was pretty good......it was just misunderstood. kinda like that one kid in school with down-syndrone that becomes your best friend after getting to know him.
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #14687
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
HPI racing is all about the money......and there is more money in showing savages and baja's at racing events, than producing racing cars,hpi challenges,and hara's hotel bills........

for some reason,they never followed through with the r40,and the pro 4 debacle speaks for itself....

I've loved HPI products since 1996,and own over 20 of them....but I see a serious lack of commitment towards anything racing oriented..next year,my money goes to serpent or x ray.....
A voice of reason...Oh and Josh I do agree with you on this one...
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #14688
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yea, the jackass thing was a little over the top. Was sipping vodka and redbull on that last one. In any event, it isnt that they are just toys. That is a copout. RC from walmart, toy. RC from Toys-r-us, toy. New bright, tyco and hasbro, toys. At these prices and this level of involment, it has gone way past toys. I expect to hear that from my wife and even SHE knows these are more than just toys.

Fastharry, I totally agree with you. I got into this game, HPI was the brand. RTR, kit, whatever. It's like they went to the next level and stopped. But I have to disagree about the hotel bills. If HPI/Hot Bodies are of the same entity, they are still paying his hotel bills.
That being said, if they dont toss us a bone, I can see them losing a mountain of sales when brands like AE drop their new car. If this is a sales driven business and they have derived a good chunk of their marketability through on road cars, you cant say they will abandon their foundation to market and promote other entities. I mean, the Savage is great (mine is on 'roids), but even their monster truck line needs a new truck. Savage X is still a Savage.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #14689
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Yea, the jackass thing was a little over the top. Was sipping vodka and redbull on that last one. In any event, it isnt that they are just toys. That is a copout. RC from walmart, toy. RC from Toys-r-us, toy. New bright, tyco and hasbro, toys. At these prices and this level of involment, it has gone way past toys. I expect to hear that from my wife and even SHE knows these are more than just toys.

Fastharry, I totally agree with you. I got into this game, HPI was the brand. RTR, kit, whatever. It's like they went to the next level and stopped. But I have to disagree about the hotel bills. If HPI/Hot Bodies are of the same entity, they are still paying his hotel bills.
That being said, if they dont toss us a bone, I can see them losing a mountain of sales when brands like AE drop their new car. If this is a sales driven business and they have derived a good chunk of their marketability through on road cars, you cant say they will abandon their foundation to market and promote other entities. I mean, the Savage is great (mine is on 'roids), but even their monster truck line needs a new truck. Savage X is still a Savage.
racing is what builds customer loyalty(and repeat product buying)....(like mine)...

but thats not going to happen,they don't want to race.....the hellfire will be the next casualty(it it isn't already)...they'll see....I said this 6 years ago,I'll say it again....the racer(using HPI cars) will look towards HPI products to bash with......

the RTR owners(if they get the racing bug) will go from a RTR 3(or a savage) to another brand altogether......building racing cars,and TEAM racing can't be THAT much of a money loser....hell,it keeps Mugen,tamiya,kyosho,serpent,losi,ofna,associated,a nd everyone else interested.....(and THEY all sell other products as well.......)

Last edited by fastharry™; 09-23-2006 at 02:36 PM.
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #14690
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
racing is what builds customer loyalty(and repeat product buying)....(like mine)...

but thats not going to happen,they don't want to race.....the hellfire will be the next casualty(it it isn't already)...they'll see....I said this 6 years ago,I'll say it again....the racer(using HPI cars) will look towards HPI products to bash with......

the RTR owners(if they get the racing bug) will go from a RTR 3(or a savage) to another brand altogether......building racing cars,and TEAM racing can't be THAT much of a money loser....hell,it keeps Mugen,tamiya,kyosho,serpent,losi,ofna,associated,a nd everyone else interested.....(and THEY all sell other products as well.......)
They should pull the plug on the Helfire NOW...It's a POS...
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #14691
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

irrational brand loyalty is the laughable part. arguing that the new chevy escallade shouldnt be bought when you KNOW its better is just irrational.
just as arguing that you wont buy a cylcone because its called hot bodies is irrational.

whats even more irrational than that is that in spite of the fact that your favorite brand is dissing you by NOT realsing what you want you still want to support them.

sorry im just worried about going fast
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #14692
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
irrational brand loyalty is the laughable part. arguing that the new chevy escallade shouldnt be bought when you KNOW its better is just irrational.
just as arguing that you wont buy a cylcone because its called hot bodies is irrational.

whats even more irrational than that is that in spite of the fact that your favorite brand is dissing you by NOT realsing what you want you still want to support them.

sorry im just worried about going fast
Brand loyalty is what is supposed to motivate manufacturers to continue producing quality products. One thing though, I believe that the belt thing was jut picking up when the cyclone came about. To me, it was more BETA. HPI didnt expect the belt thing to hit so hard and it did. Oh well. I didnt say I would get it because it says HotBodies, I said in many post for HPI to bring out a newer car AND I think the Cyclone is an eyesore. It's obvious it performs, Moore, Hara and Surikarn have proved that. And for the record, I created ficticious vehicles for point reference....there is no such thing as a chevy Escalade.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:27 AM   #14693
Tech Master

Without stepping on too many toes.....Both HB and HPI are products from the same basic group of people. They have slightly different aims meaning HB is more racer oriented and HPI is more basher/hobby oriented. The racing part of the equasion tends to be very dynamic, what I mean by that is racers tend to change cars fairly often (ahem, right Mike) for that reason HB will tend to try to give the buying public fresh ideas and kits to keep the product fresh. If you look around at posts on this forum you will see that there are already rumors of another variant of the Cyclone. As far as the Savage and the Savage X go, yes they are very simlar products but that is the point isn't it, improve the features and quality but don't alienate the folks that loved the product from the beginning (by the way wait until you see the Savage X SS). Anoter good point that someone brought up in this thread is availability of HB parts. In the past is has been an issue, but not any more! All of the major distributors carry a really good selection of replacement parts and accessories. The best way to improve the supply line is to ask your local hobby shop to carry the parts that you need, not every hobby shop has a racer on staff to know what to carry and besides they want to carry what sells as they are in the business to make money. Well I have rambled on long enough folks gnite.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #14694
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman72
Anoter good point that someone brought up in this thread is availability of HB parts. In the past is has been an issue, but not any more! All of the major distributors carry a really good selection of replacement parts and accessories. The best way to improve the supply line is to ask your local hobby shop to carry the parts that you need, not every hobby shop has a racer on staff to know what to carry and besides they want to carry what sells as they are in the business to make money. Well I have rambled on long enough folks gnite.
when i brought up that point i was referring to HPI and HB parts that STILL arent available in the US. One of the things i specifically mentioned is 50 durometer o-rings, but its not just 50, 40 and 60 also arent available. 40-60 bladders arent available. nitride shock shafts arent available. no one carries anything but .75mm and 2.0mm purple washers (for adjusting roll center), even tho HPI has part numbers for .5 (iirc) 1.0 1.5.

and like i said earlier the 50 orings are something that hara recommends people to use. i feel they are especially important considering the p-3 orings swell randomly. almost EVERY race i have to change out a p-3 oring because it swelled and makes that shock feel like its got about 40wt heavier oil in it

those are just the things i thought of off the top of my head.

but i do agree its getting better
Old 09-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #14695
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Brand loyalty is what is supposed to motivate manufacturers to continue producing quality products.
actually brand loyaltys DISmotivates manufacturers to produce quality. Brand loyalty allows customers to buy inferior products. If everyone is loyal then the mfg can produce a turd and it will still sell well and be profitable.

When people ARENT brand loyal is what helps manufacturers to produce quality. Each mfg must produce something good or else no one will buy it. So when the mfg releases the turd everyone jumps ship, it doesnt sell, and they lose money.
THIS is the incentive that makes quality happen.

All the mfg's are in this to make money, so they all have incentive to produce what is going to be most profitable. which generally speaking in the racing segment is products that perform.
but keep in mind there is much more than just the racing segment
Old 09-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #14696
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Guys,

I've been looking for the aluminum camber plate for my pro4 and I cant seem to locate them,

anyone know where I can get it?

thx,
buckeye-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #14697
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1
actually brand loyaltys DISmotivates manufacturers to produce quality. Brand loyalty allows customers to buy inferior products. If everyone is loyal then the mfg can produce a turd and it will still sell well and be profitable.

When people ARENT brand loyal is what helps manufacturers to produce quality. Each mfg must produce something good or else no one will buy it. So when the mfg releases the turd everyone jumps ship, it doesnt sell, and they lose money.
THIS is the incentive that makes quality happen.

All the mfg's are in this to make money, so they all have incentive to produce what is going to be most profitable. which generally speaking in the racing segment is products that perform.
but keep in mind there is much more than just the racing segment
I dont know what kind of consumer you are, but ME, I purchase based on something called continuity. That is, CONTINUE to produce a quality product and I continue to buy from you. If you produce and market turds, you lose my business and the laws of economics states that the AVERAGE consumer is hard to re-attain. That being said, it isnt that HPI doesnt produce a quality product, the point is they arent PRODUCING ANYTHING. They have been consistant (even with the Pro3 after you got the Hotbodies hop ups) and just recently have they started to decline. Using your words, the manufacturers are in this to make money. That being said, when is HPI going to release something to keep the base they have worked to attain??? Even if it isnt an all out racer, produce a car that can start as a mid level car that can be hopped up to racing status. The longer they wait, the more they lose...PERIOD.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #14698
Tech Master

Ok let me see if I can clarify this a little, whey you buy a Hotbodies product you are basically buying an HPI product. It isn't completely that simple but it is very close.
wagonman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 AM   #14699
Tech Master

I guess for those of us who are anal retentive (keep your shirt on sailor, it's a term), we aren't quite sold on this HotBodies thing. I know it's an HPI brand, I know it's "HotBodies by HPI, but, I want an HPI new "whatever" they will call it. I can't speak for everybody, but, just like in the AE thread, they got a new car coming. Everyone knows that Thunder Tiger owns AE and if it came out as Thunder Tiger "blah blah blah", how much would it move? Exactly!!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #14700
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

I have the folow parts I would like to get rid of as a lot. If anyone is interested please pm me.

1 new diff gear and ring gear taken out of a diff kit
2 new input cups taken from a diff kit
1 new diff screw and nut taken from a diff kit
1 used diff gear
2 used purple aluminum inner pivot mounts
2 used purple aluminum 2.5 outer toe blocks
4 purple aluminum roll center shims