R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #14656
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default clearing things up

i know dave the hpi rep. iv'e talked to him on this subject and he has explained to me that hpi aquired hot boddies,hpi being the mother company & hotboddies is the race brand.example=the hellfire,cyclone,both race cars& both top of the line,both put out after the companys merged. i think hpi is now just the basher brand,and the company as a whole is trying to be more efficent,but even though the kits will be discontinued i'm sure they will still make parts for a few more years. and i'm sure if hotboddies think there's a market for it they will design a shaft car maybe hb pro-5!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #14657
Tech Master

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but.....
does anybody have or have a link to a good base setup for high bite carpet racing in stock.

Thanks!!
John
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #14658
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Foam or rubber ?
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 PM   #14659
Tech Master

Oops.... foam. Sorry!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:08 PM   #14660
Tech Master

A n y b o d y??
Old 09-14-2006, 03:52 AM   #14661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner
A n y b o d y??
Sure.
For stock racing:
- Chassis: 3 mm - lower, 2.5 mm - upper w/ center post
- Diffs (front & rear)
- 60 wt. shock oil - Trinity (front & rear)
- 30 lb. springs
- #3 pistons & firm (stock) bladders
- 3 deg. toe block up front, 1 deg. toe block in the rear. Use 1 deg.
toe out at the steering knuckle.
- No spacers under suspension blocks.
- Black sway bars - 1.6mm (front & rear); run swaybars flush (bar not
exposed past the ball end).
- 2 deg. of camber (front & rear)
- Camber link positions: Front; #3 position - no spacers.
Rear; #4 position - inner, #1 position - outer
w/ 1 mm spacer.
- Ackermann: Steering plate; #1 position
Steering knuckle; #1 position
- Shock positions: Front & Rear; Shock Tower: #3 position
Suspension arm: #2 position
- Ride height: 4.5 mm
- Droop: 3 mm (using droop gauge)
- Tires: Front - Cyan (orange / double pink), Rear - Magenta (double pink)

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:08 AM   #14662
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
...the Pro 4 is over two and half years old, that's ancient in the racing touring car market! It's been the same with the Pro 2, Pro 3 (well, not so much ) and now the Pro 4 - the diehard owners of these cars don't want to see it go...but new innovations come along and that means it eventually does get old.

BTW, Hara earned his stripes at Yokomo (won the WC with them), and I don't think he'll be going back there any time soon!
Hi, Frank.
The Hpi Challenge just hasn't been the same without you. Please come back!
Regarding the pro 4: We just want Hpi to continue the platform in the Pro 5 with some new advancements; such as aluminum bulkheads (no more stripped out carbon graphite) and easier access to the diffs. Let Hotbodies have the belt car. I don't see why both entities can't produce high end race cars? Also, It would be nice to see a new, high end, nitro sedan to compete with kyosho, Mugen and Serpent.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:55 AM   #14663
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hi, Frank.
The Hpi Challenge just hasn't been the same without you. Please come back!
Regarding the pro 4: We just want Hpi to continue the platform in the Pro 5 with some new advancements; such as aluminum bulkheads (no more stripped out carbon graphite) and easier access to the diffs. Let Hotbodies have the belt car. I don't see why both entities can't produce high end race cars? Also, It would be nice to see a new, high end, nitro sedan to compete with kyosho, Mugen and Serpent.
Thank you and very well put kewdawg.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #14664
Tech Master

Look at the level of consistency of XRay. A new car for their loyal users once EVERY year. And they are MAD expensive and people don't mind shelling out for quality and small changes as long as it performs. HPI on the other hand has totally crapped on us, put money into cars that makes us electric guys cough cough Baja and won't even give us an inkling of an idea as to when another on road car will be coming out. Even AE is coming out with something. HPI better get their wheels spinning and get us something soon. I like the fact I have an HPI arsenal and don't want to start interbreeding. With women, that is great but when it comes to RC and dogs, I keep it exclusive! HPI throw us a friggin bone here!

Old 09-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #14665
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to blast

hey hi-tech like your avatar that's funny

hey guys i'm selling my pro4 for $260.00 it has everything trust me in very good shape. It has the BMI chassis kit all the springs and alot of parts.

PM me for more info.
<>< <>< <>< ><> ><> ><>
A Master key can open any lock, but a lock that can be open by any key is an sloppy lock.
blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #14666
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast
hey hi-tech like your avatar that's funny

hey guys i'm selling my pro4 for $260.00 it has everything trust me in very good shape. It has the BMI chassis kit all the springs and alot of parts.

PM me for more info.
it would help if you ahd pics and i think thins goes in the forsale section
C_Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #14667
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Look at the level of consistency of XRay. A new car for their loyal users once EVERY year. And they are MAD expensive and people don't mind shelling out for quality and small changes as long as it performs. HPI on the other hand has totally crapped on us, put money into cars that makes us electric guys cough cough Baja and won't even give us an inkling of an idea as to when another on road car will be coming out. Even AE is coming out with something. HPI better get their wheels spinning and get us something soon. I like the fact I have an HPI arsenal and don't want to start interbreeding. With women, that is great but when it comes to RC and dogs, I keep it exclusive! HPI throw us a friggin bone here!
personally im about 100x more impressed with hpi chassis wise as anyone else. i mean lets take a look here. pro4 comes out and is super succesful, then they make solid updates like better shock design, more camber link positions, and necesary hopups included for the hara edition.
then they come out with a belt drive car the cyclone. its so good that the special edition version really has no huge performance improvement, just the inclusion of higher quality parts (3.5 vs 3.0 shock tower, or sturdier bulkheads, or aluminum outdrives...etc, none of which are huge difference just small refinement).

i dont know how you can complain when they've been able to use the SAME suspension from the ORIGINAL pro4 (except with a small production change of incorporating a limit stop into the steering knuckle, and the update on the shocks occuring back in the pro4 days).

lets look at idk say tamiya- how many versions of suspension arms do people actively use now? how many differnet suspension blocks do you need to accomodate those?- look how radically the 415 series has evolved.
or lets take a look at the xray example, drastically different cars every year, how many fk04 parts can you use on your t2?

as far as chassis goes its REALLY hard to argue against hpi, even to this day people consider the pro4 competitive in the lower power classes. what other car of the same vintage can this be said for?
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #14668
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

but i do have fault with hpi.

they are HORRIBLE for parts availibility in the US. i can goto any asian online store and buy 50 durometer competition o-rings RIGHT now. I know that NO US stores carry them, and im pretty sure that hpi doesnt even show them on their site. these are the SAME o-rings that hara recommends to use in HPI shocks (because the p-3 o-rings randomly swell because they SUCK).

where can i buy hara or surikarn upper bulkheads, you know the ones you basically HAVE to have since the black cyclone bulkheads bend easily?

seriously i could name 5 more things off the top of my head that arent available here taht are VERY VERY useful hopups, and if i look through all the HPI part numbers that i know i can find LOST more than 5.

its almost enuf to make me quit running hpi....almost i cant leave them over something so easily recitified (order from overseas)
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #14669
Tech Master

Flood, I hear you. But notice, you said one key thing..."competitive in lower classes". I do not dispute that the Pro 4 is an excellent vehicle...heck, I just bought mine less than 3 months ago. I love this car. That being said, the whole Hot bodies/HPI thing is bunk. It was cool when Hotbodies made the hop-ups, but when THEY got the belt car, and now that every major brand has abandoned shaft(Tamiya being the exception and even they revised theirs), then I have to question what is going on over at HPI. Other vehicles have a heavy support base, heck, I still see TC3 parts available and how long has it been for that car?!?!?@!? Give us a Pro5 and parts support!

But, I have to say this. Go to HPI's website. If they valued the Pro 4 so much, why is it discontinued? And sprint, their "low end" car, still in production? That car came out as a toy, a car to buy for people just getting into the hobby, a mere stepping stone. That is still alive on the site WITH hop-ups!! Seems to me that HPI is putting the money into the wrong items. How many team drivers does XRay have? To my knowledge, HPI has three highly paid drivers....two of which have cars that are discontinued. I wonder why money isnt going into development.....?????

Last edited by bxpitbull; 09-21-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:34 AM   #14670
Tech Addict

Damn right about your thoughts floodo and bxpitbull. HPI should and must continue the parts for the Pro4. They just released the 2005 version mid of last year and people still need the parts for it. Especially Pro4 version 1.0 and 1.1 owners. If they want to upgrade their cars to 2005 version, how would that be possible with out these parts.

As I've said to HPI on my previous message here on this thread:

People from HPI,

Bring back the Pro4 and it's parts or release the PRO5!!!

We demand you to do something about it or we will boycott your brand!!!