R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #14641
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default whats up josh!

hey josh i gotta used bmi pro 4 chas.chris jr was using it until i bought a 2mil for him for parking lot racing,it's got a few scratchs & a small chip but is sound & like mike said its wickid fast on carpet!i'm kind of following the trend i,ve got 2 cyclones reg.& a tricked out hara,&jr.s want's a cyclone S for x-mas,but i see your point,my cyclone just didn't feel stable on carpet,where my pro 4 felt at home on the rug!,anyway you still need one let me know,i don't want much,maybe a trade,noy worth that much to me, no carpet to race in central cali!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #14642
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Do you guys know where to get any shock towers for the pro4?Hpi is out maybe 3 racing or something.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #14643
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default parts info

hey okie steve, my brother from another mother!rc mushroom has both towers in stock plus aftermarket square rc front tower , i don't think i seen the rear tower but i might have just missed it,hope this helps!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:35 AM   #14644
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves
Do you guys know where to get any shock towers for the pro4?Hpi is out maybe 3 racing or something.
Man, HPI is really shitting on the Pro 4. Tamiya just released the Evo V and it looks like the 415 SHAFTED. Dude over at HPI lied to me and told me the Pro 4 is not discontinued. That lying sonofabitch! Maybe the shock towers from the Cyclone will fit.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #14645
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-tech-redneck
hey okie steve, my brother from another mother!rc mushroom has both towers in stock plus aftermarket square rc front tower , i don't think i seen the rear tower but i might have just missed it,hope this helps!
Thanks i will check it out.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #14646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Man, HPI is really shitting on the Pro 4. Tamiya just released the Evo V and it looks like the 415 SHAFTED. Dude over at HPI lied to me and told me the Pro 4 is not discontinued. That lying sonofabitch! Maybe the shock towers from the Cyclone will fit.
Cyclone towers dont fit. I bought a used pro4 and stripped spares off it for my cyclone, and that was a part that was different.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #14647
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Cyclone towers dont fit. I bought a used pro4 and stripped spares off it for my cyclone, and that was a part that was different.
Say word. Damn. So much for that. I guess HPI is really on a kick this days. Discontinuing the Pro 4. Standing idly by while Tamiya drops the Evo V.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #14648
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

Best bet is to probably watch the boards for another car and stock up that way. Places like tower carry a decent selection of pro4 parts. Their parts express deal for standard shipping is only 3 bucks too.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 AM   #14649
Tech Addict

I hope people from HPI read this:

BRING THE PRO4 AND ITS PARTS BACK INTO PRODUCTION OR RELEASE THE PRO5!!!

We've patronized your products so give us what we deserve. We, the consumers makes your company richer and richer every year. So give us our requests and demands!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #14650
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
Best bet is to probably watch the boards for another car and stock up that way. Places like tower carry a decent selection of pro4 parts. Their parts express deal for standard shipping is only 3 bucks too.
Thats what I did. I bought a regular Pro 4 for parts. I think it sucks that they have abandoned a perfectly good car to kiss up to the "belt-way" boys. Now, if they do like Tamiya did and re-vamp ever so slightly and come out with a blinged out, hard to improve but here it is Pro 5, it's on! I love the Pro 4. Turn signal, what will it mean for Hot Bodies's Hara edition now that Moore is THAT DUDE! Will Hara come back to where he earned his stripes on the HPI side? Hmmmm.....One can hope.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #14651
Tech Fanatic

...the Pro 4 is over two and half years old, that's ancient in the racing touring car market! It's been the same with the Pro 2, Pro 3 (well, not so much ) and now the Pro 4 - the diehard owners of these cars don't want to see it go...but new innovations come along and that means it eventually does get old.

BTW, Hara earned his stripes at Yokomo (won the WC with them), and I don't think he'll be going back there any time soon!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:26 AM   #14652
Tech Master

Rcmushroom does have both frt and rear towers in stock,i have a cyclone but my son runs a pro4 just want some extras.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #14653
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
...the Pro 4 is over two and half years old, that's ancient in the racing touring car market! It's been the same with the Pro 2, Pro 3 (well, not so much ) and now the Pro 4 - the diehard owners of these cars don't want to see it go...but new innovations come along and that means it eventually does get old.

BTW, Hara earned his stripes at Yokomo (won the WC with them), and I don't think he'll be going back there any time soon!
The stripes I am making reference to is speaking totally of the HPI type. Not his pre-HPI days. How long has the 415 been around? The EVO? TC3/4? Savage? T-maxx? There are a ton of vehicles that have been in existance just as long and LONGER than the Pro 4 that keep the consumer in mind and doest slap him across the face with an old tuna! Thats the point. It isnt, "keep around old faithful", it's throw us a friggin bone here and come up with something in a brand we like. And this time,throw some part support behind it. How about that trash!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #14654
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

HPI is going back to what they do best...Bashers, Racing cars don't really sell that well. (I don't care What HPI tries to tell me... ). With HPI's top driver running for Hot Bodies now (and has been for over 1 1/2 years) they have not been racing the Pro4. I do understand the decision to discontinue the Pro4. I was told that HPI is going to continue to produce parts for the Pro4. On the Evo5, Yokomo SD's,TC4's and the Kyosho TF-5 or any other "shaft" car, when you go to the races walk around the pits and count how many shaft cars their are...not many are their. it seems like their are a few of us still left that still enjoy the platform but as long as I have parts I'm cool...
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #14655
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
HPI is going back to what they do best...Bashers, Racing cars don't really sell that well. (I don't care What HPI tries to tell me... ). With HPI's top driver running for Hot Bodies now (and has been for over 1 1/2 years) they have not been racing the Pro4. I do understand the decision to discontinue the Pro4. I was told that HPI is going to continue to produce parts for the Pro4. On the Evo5, Yokomo SD's,TC4's and the Kyosho TF-5 or any other "shaft" car, when you go to the races walk around the pits and count how many shaft cars their are...not many are their. it seems like their are a few of us still left that still enjoy the platform but as long as I have parts I'm cool...
Indeed. I am not saying HPI should dump crazy money into something that isnt going to turn a profit. The point being, come up with a winning platform and have the parts support for it. Tis all. I am not requesting for them to keep shaft alive, but come up with something that is competitive under the HPI brand name. The Cyclone is doing big things, but asthetically speaking, is an ugly car. The Pro 4 is one sweet looking ride and if they can mix performance with looks, *sic EVO V*, then they can really put themselves on the map. People dissing shaft are simply caught up in the belt propwash started by XRAY and Tamiya. Call it what you want, but thats the way it is. HPI has the money and the customer base to hang with those cats and it seems they are dipping in the shadows. Hey, if the guys who put shaft on the map are coming out with a car that looks absolutely SICK (AE and I hate those cats), then HPI needs to make up its mind and come out with something or withdraw from the competition battlefield!