Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Old 05-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thegreatimpulse
One quick question, I have always thought that anti-squat reduces rear traction; Since you reduce the amount of the car squat at the back, therefore, there are less weight transfer to the back. However, in the Pro 4 manual, it says that anti-squat adds rear traction??????? Anyone running pro-squat?
I ran anti squat on my pro 4 and it help alot with traction coming out of the corner
Old 05-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I suppose it can work to "push" the rear of the car harder into the ground.??!??

Suspension is a funny business though. There are situations when making the whole car stiffer actually increases grip. I suppose the same could be for the rear?

I dunno...
Old 05-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anti squat gives more on power rear traction because the rear suspension(shocks)dont absorb the weight transfer to the rear of the car under acceleration.the weight is absorbed by the wheels.this allows the rear of the car to be planted under acceleration.it will decrease off power traction because the weight is quickly tranfered off the rear.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, thanks, that make sense.

Does anyone have any tips to keep the differential coming loose? My rear diff is keep coming loose. I try to make it as free as possible without be able to turn the spur gear by holding both of the rear tires. I don't want to tight the diff too much, which I have found to prompt losing rear traction coming out of the turns. Is the heavy duty from Hara kit works better?

Thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what i usually do is put a small kink in the thread on the screw with a set of diagonal cutters.just a small one in the 1st 2 or 3 threads and it locks pretty good.make sure that you dont go over board because it will tear the nut apart.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Default C-Hub Protection Plan

Anyone know of a good solution to protect my C-hubs from going at ever light tap on the wall (other than not hitting it). I am new to racing and I still require a few taps on the wall but I seem to be going through C-hubs like they are made from paper. Is there anyone that makes a little bit beefier C-hub? One idea that I recieved from a fellow racer was to cut up an old chassis to the shape of my bumper to help lessen the force generated on the wheel during those wall bumps, good idea or bad? Also from your experience what bodies will not fit on the pro-4? Thanks guys
Old 05-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

most racers have modified the buds TC3 wide bumper to fit the Pro4 or cyclone... I just bought some scrap kydex from Tap plastics and cut you own.. here's mine patterned after the Yok wide bumper..
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-cyclone-002.jpg  
Old 05-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I need to hookup something like that for my cyclone.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default C hub

Originally Posted by Lomaric
Anyone know of a good solution to protect my C-hubs from going at ever light tap on the wall (other than not hitting it). I am new to racing and I still require a few taps on the wall but I seem to be going through C-hubs like they are made from paper. Is there anyone that makes a little bit beefier C-hub? One idea that I recieved from a fellow racer was to cut up an old chassis to the shape of my bumper to help lessen the force generated on the wheel during those wall bumps, good idea or bad? Also from your experience what bodies will not fit on the pro-4? Thanks guys
If you have in your Shops an Aluminum C-hub then just get it... its a bit over the budget but saves you from loosing the Race when you tap into walls and it also saves you from taking all things apart again just to replace on broken C-hub.
If Im not mistaken with the Names... JET and TOP is a Brand that produces C-hubs that fits both Pro4 and Cyclone... But Im perfectly Sure that SQUARE Brand is one, but the most expensive. All Brands has perfect Purple color as HPI.
Making a wider bumper also Helps too...
Old 05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Come on Guys... This is a bit obvious HPI-HB did not Say that their Kits are Indestructible... so as with other Brands.
When you Hit something unecessary on the tracks Like Walls and other Cars. Be ready that something will Give way and just be thankfull if no parts are Broken after clipping a Wall or Hitting another car.
This is a Business for all manufacturers. As much as they want their Kits to be Durable they want to make money aswell... that is why we have what we call Spare parts, replacements... (OH, its up to you what you want to call it)
But bottom line is... there are Flaws in each Kit, that is why we have Upgrades... and this upgrades or modifications comes from complains and Suggestions from us and their Team/House Drivers.
It was your Driving that got it broken somehow. Label on the Box does'nt say KIT includes HARA Driver inside...
We all have Shares of Broken parts in our Kits... its up to us to choose the Modification and upgrades we like.

Let's be more Considerate... Its a Business for HPI-HB

Cheers!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Square RC now makes a 3mm wide bumper plate similar to mine...but you'll have to order them overseas in HK or Japan.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

well a year or two back, i had only been racing a few months and after i replaced my yokomo cutom car with a pro4 i really struggled to get round the track without one little scrap of the bucky wooder board that my club use as markings
so my dad made me these parts which really did help with the 'chrash testing' lol

it really does work if you want to try and make some but if not the best thing you can do is slow down, dont rush and gradually speed up, there will come a point where you wont ever feel like chrashing... obviously it will still happen thou
i did have to replace the car with a new one though when i decided it was time to take them off because they had increased the wear rates dramatically... just think, if something doesnt brake in a chrash, it means something else has taken a big impact, and become slighty imperfect...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by junbantay
Come on Guys... This is a bit obvious HPI-HB did not Say that their Kits are Indestructible... so as with other Brands.
When you Hit something unecessary on the tracks Like Walls and other Cars. Be ready that something will Give way and just be thankfull if no parts are Broken after clipping a Wall or Hitting another car.
This is a Business for all manufacturers. As much as they want their Kits to be Durable they want to make money aswell... that is why we have what we call Spare parts, replacements... (OH, its up to you what you want to call it)
But bottom line is... there are Flaws in each Kit, that is why we have Upgrades... and this upgrades or modifications comes from complains and Suggestions from us and their Team/House Drivers.
It was your Driving that got it broken somehow. Label on the Box does'nt say KIT includes HARA Driver inside...
We all have Shares of Broken parts in our Kits... its up to us to choose the Modification and upgrades we like.

Cheers!
I dont think anyone was bad mouthing HPI, I was just looking to get a few ideas to help me recover from the few wall bumps I have had. After all I have broken 4 C-hubs in a 2 race night time frame. I know we are not all professional drivers when we start, I just wanna hit a wall once like everyone else does and not have to repair the car everytime is all.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by junbantay

Cheers!
Have you invested shares with HPI He's newbie at racing, i.e. Man this looks cool, how much do those car cost, found a cheap one Ebay, I have a question, " insert your dumbass response here__________________", thank God are track doesn't have anybody like yourself racing because we take pride in helping out the new guys, everbody starts down that road even the Hara who not included in the kit
Old 05-31-2006, 06:06 AM
M.J
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think this ius my first time posting on this thread i have a pro4 and love it and mine is as topugh as hell.

Anyway no car plane or wat ever will be indestrucdable you can through titanium and all these space age parts but in a crash it may mean that the next weakest part will break.

Anyway love my pro4 and could never sell it.

M.J

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.